Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380151 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #690 on: December 16, 2010, 06:34:48 pm »

The band Six Feet Under is terrible.

"me want cookies!"
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #691 on: December 16, 2010, 10:25:50 pm »

Lately I've been listening to a bunch of unreleased Thin Lizzy songs.

I'm not intoThin Lizzy as much as my musical tastes tell me I should be.  Maybe I should give them a new listen.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #692 on: December 16, 2010, 10:32:32 pm »

Well, I'm a shameless proselytizer for them, so I'm probably not the most unbiased source. I think they're easily the most underrated hard rock band of their era.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #693 on: December 16, 2010, 11:14:44 pm »

I rediscovered an old Rory Gallagher cassette.  I had kinda forgotten how bad ass that dude was.

A Million Miles Away
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #694 on: December 18, 2010, 06:55:20 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #695 on: December 18, 2010, 11:52:01 pm »

introducing... the damned things

weve got a situation here

im not sure what to think...........

Nothing against Scott, but he should know better than to start a band name with "The Damned . . . "
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #696 on: December 20, 2010, 04:32:37 am »

yesterday I listened to Safe as Milk while driving around STL. I thought it was pretty good.
my stoned girlfriend thought it was "better than any music. The best music."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #697 on: December 20, 2010, 04:55:30 am »

yesterday I listened to Safe as Milk while driving around STL. I thought it was pretty good.
my stoned girlfriend thought it was "better than any music. The best music."

You have a smart girlfriend.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #698 on: December 20, 2010, 03:38:41 pm »

You have a smart girlfriend.

And stoned.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #699 on: December 21, 2010, 09:11:05 pm »

Attention, Indie Music Lovers: check out thesixtyone.com. It is relatively awesome, at least in theory.

I found out about this site through a job that I got through another job that Wombat recommended me for, so you can thank/blame her.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #700 on: December 28, 2010, 06:07:23 am »

i'm enjoying half of interpol's album, interpol.  one listen it's one half, and another listen it's the other half, so, good album i guess.

i'm also enjoying interpol dude's "solo" album Julian Plenti is skyscraper, especially the song "Only if You Run".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt40__1OlqU
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #701 on: December 28, 2010, 03:42:14 pm »

I listened to Interpol and Antics a lot, back when. I haven't gone back in a while.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #702 on: January 01, 2011, 03:01:51 am »

Hey Paul! Free shit, courtesy of a friend of mine. I haven't listened to it yet, but I did grab it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #703 on: January 04, 2011, 04:45:22 am »

Hey Paul! Free shit, courtesy of a friend of mine. I haven't listened to it yet, but I did grab it.

I like the name.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #704 on: January 04, 2011, 02:55:53 pm »

I'm always watching this.

Re-post? Probably.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 190   Go Up