Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380831 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #735 on: January 07, 2011, 02:17:05 pm »

After that they are like little indie Bruce Springsteens.  I like Bruce Springsteen, but I do not like them.

Arcade Fire and Bruce Springsteen?  Yeah, we got that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #736 on: January 18, 2011, 03:05:38 am »

A ton of Will Oldham (Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Palace etc., all of it).

And SFA and the Flaming Lips. Thanks again Keith!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #737 on: January 18, 2011, 03:20:03 am »

And SFA and the Flaming Lips. Thanks again Keith!

Fuck Yeah!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #738 on: January 18, 2011, 04:41:56 am »

I listened to that Black Angels album I gave y'all like 3 times today.  Man that album is good, I really hate the song True Believers though.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #739 on: January 18, 2011, 05:34:37 am »

When I listened to that one my eyes were seeing Black Angels, but my brain was registering Black Keys.  After two songs I finally realized it was not the Black Keys.  I kept thinking This doesn't sound like the Black Keys.  Ha ha.  I am slow sometimes.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #740 on: January 24, 2011, 04:48:13 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #741 on: January 24, 2011, 05:06:13 am »

For whatever reason, although I've heard of Richard and Linda Thompson since I was a kid, I've never listened to any of it. That was really enjoyable.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #742 on: January 24, 2011, 05:27:54 am »

Same for me. I think I only bothered to listen to them after I read High Fidelity several years back, in which a character describes Richard Thompson as England's finest electric guitarist. The entire album is fantastic.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #743 on: January 25, 2011, 04:30:12 am »

Thanks Paul!

I'll be listening to Wilco and Thin Lizzy and UFO and Nazareth and...

Yeah, I got some days of listening here. Thanks!

Paul paying it forward.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #744 on: January 25, 2011, 06:14:11 am »

Thanks Paul!

I'll be listening to Wilco and Thin Lizzy and UFO and Nazareth and...

Yeah, I got some days of listening here. Thanks!

Thank Nabu for the Thin Lizzy.  I just forwarded what he sent me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #745 on: January 25, 2011, 06:17:38 am »

I love this album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gYoj-WGH5U

I have a version of this song by Bonnie Prince Billy.  It's a pretty cool song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #746 on: January 25, 2011, 09:40:16 pm »

candy girl-new edition
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #747 on: January 25, 2011, 09:51:06 pm »

I am listening to Miles Davis: The Columbia Years.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #748 on: January 26, 2011, 03:23:46 am »

I never knew that New Edition was a poor man's Jackson Five.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #749 on: January 26, 2011, 01:15:40 pm »

I never knew that New Edition was a poor man's Jackson Five.

did you know that new kids on the block was basically 'new edition for white girls'?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 190   Go Up