I have not listened to it in a bit, but there is this album called Frank Black Francis, which is a 2 cd set. The first cd is Pixies demos, the second is Frank Black redoing Pixies songs with some producers that aren't supposed to be any good, but I remember it being fuck*ng awesome.
Also, I am listenting to shit loads of Sonic Youth because of you people. Youth Against Fascism a lot, and, well, every other song of theirs on my ipod. (A Thousand Leaves, Dirty, Daydream Nation and SYR 1- Anagrama- I need to get Washing Machine and Sister on here asap.) I don't really like most early Sonic Youth I have heard, but really, when it comes to Sonic Youth I only know Sister, Daydream Nation, Washing Machine and Dirty. Everything else is just a surprise. I really liked the first half of A Thousand Leaves, but then stopped listening to it. Usually I either really like it or am indifferent, but then regardless I just play one of the four above the next time I want some Sonic Youth. Is there any album I need to listen to? Evol?
Also, I don't know where I heard it, but I really like Sonic (Middle Aged) Youth. I think they should change their name to that. I asked my bandmates if that could be our name, no go.
Also, I am almost positive I either heard about them here or posted about them here, but Nouvelle Vague. I haven't listened to them in a while, so don't remember their best songs, but this is a good intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7OS30c2Fystwo more good ones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4op1esLn4mc&feature=fvwhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hapufz1NFkY&feature=related