Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381926 times)

0 Members and 69 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #795 on: February 23, 2011, 09:04:11 pm »

Definitely EVOL. I really like Murray Street and A Thousand Leaves. The last couple are good, too.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #796 on: February 24, 2011, 05:22:37 am »

Weren't there some folks here that like Interpol? Free shit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #797 on: February 24, 2011, 08:02:08 am »

Definitely EVOL. I really like Murray Street and A Thousand Leaves. The last couple are good, too.

Yeah, I listened to Murray Street and kinda liked it and then heard Sister and never listened to Murray Street again.  I was 15 or 16, so maybe that was a mistake.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #798 on: February 26, 2011, 04:19:34 am »

Finally figured out where, on my computer, I put the recent shit-ton of music I got here. Thank you, Keith and Paul - that is some tasty shit! While I as moving things around last night I listened to "Slip Inside this House" by 13th Floor Elevators like 6 or 8 times in a row, because I hadn't got everything permanently moved. That was an interesting experience. That's a great song.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #799 on: February 26, 2011, 04:50:52 am »

I am listening to a lot of Swell Maps, and other bands listed in this book I'm reading about Pavement. I like this song. The book has a list of tons of albums that Pavement loves, from The Eagles to scuzzy industrial bands. It is going to take me a million years to listen to all of these albums.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #800 on: February 26, 2011, 05:18:00 am »

I'm listening to (and learning about) the Monks. That whole experience must have been a fuck*ng trip. I wonder if they ever met Lemmy while they were in Germany.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #801 on: February 27, 2011, 03:12:39 am »

I own 149 songs by Guided By Voices.

R.E.M. stands at 112, but I believe there are several CDs I haven't put on the computer yet.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #802 on: February 27, 2011, 03:51:36 am »

I've got a bunch of R.E.M. songs too, but I don't listen to them very often. Most of the time I don't like them very much, but other times I do.  iTunes says I have 99 R.E.M. songs, but I'm sure a few of those are doubles. 

I wonder who I have the most of in my collection?  iTunes doesn't really have a good way to sort that.The Beatles maybe (458 songs), I have all of their albums. 

I'm kinda obsessed with my iTunes playlist.  My top played song (since 2009/01/26) is Black Cadillacs by Modest penis coming in at 47 plays.

My top played Beatles song is Flying with 23 plays.

My top played R.E.M. song is Radio Free Europe with 5 plays.  Dang, only 34 of my R.E.M. songs have any plays at all.  It's been a long time since I've been on an R.E.M. binge. 

Maybe I should listen to more R.E.M. this weekend.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #803 on: February 27, 2011, 04:17:21 am »

My most played is a mashup by DJ Schmolli - "Busy Fuckin' in the Bushes" - but only because it came first on my workout mix and lots of times I forget to put my iPod back on shuffle. (Actually most played is a relaxation thing that sometimes I play at work.)

First real song: JB, "Funky President" 52 times. It was sort of an Obama theme song, cursing the darkness at work. I played that fucker over and over when he got elected. People up here flat-out writhed when it would come on.

Most tracks might be Thin Lizzy (surprise) with 263. Second might be Ween with 257 (that actually surprises me). I used to have a shitload of Beastie Boys, but I had to get rid of a lot of it - duplicates, live tracks, remixes, shit like that. It's all somewhere. I have 327 by Go Home Productions, but again mashups, so sort of dicey counting them.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #804 on: February 27, 2011, 01:45:49 pm »

Yeah, I listened to Murray Street and kinda liked it and then heard Sister and never listened to Murray Street again.  I was 15 or 16, so maybe that was a mistake.

It's worth another listen. I have a hard time picking a favorite between a handful of their albums but Murray Street is one of them. It is miles away from what they were doing with Sister, though. And yeah, you definitely need to listen to Evol.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #805 on: February 28, 2011, 01:23:40 am »

My most is 479 by They Might Be Giants. And I stopped closely following them in like 2003 so I have none of the kids' albums and haven't acquired any demos etc in 8 years. Otherwise I'm sure I'd have many, many more.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #806 on: February 28, 2011, 03:56:14 am »

Most Tracks: The Carter Family, with 626. I'm sure a lot of these are duplicates.

most played is weird, because I've only had this computer since last May. But it goes:
Wavves, Joy Division, Ty Segall, Mission of Burma, Omar Khorshid, CCR, Madvillian.

Because of a college crush, Last.fm says my most played track of all time is Can I Get Get Get by Junior Senior.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #807 on: February 28, 2011, 04:32:24 am »

I am listening to Sweet right now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #808 on: February 28, 2011, 07:41:09 am »

I am listening to Sweet right now.

As you should.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #809 on: February 28, 2011, 03:09:40 pm »

I am listening to Sweet right now.

Careful with that stuff.  You get too much, you get too high.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 190   Go Up