Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381372 times)

0 Members and 67 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #810 on: February 28, 2011, 05:06:24 pm »

Don't have that one. D'oh!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #811 on: February 28, 2011, 06:15:11 pm »

I sorted my itunes by the search term "sweet" and listened to sweet songs all night.  Now I'm listening to "Detroit" songs.  What can I say, I woke up with Detroit Rock City playing in my head.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #812 on: February 28, 2011, 09:43:14 pm »

I was wrong when I said . . . the most tracks I had was Thin Lizzy.

Pearl Jam - 417 - shitload of live albums.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #813 on: February 28, 2011, 10:34:52 pm »

Pearl Jam - 417 - shitload of live albums.

97 Pearl Jam for me.  That number goes up a little if you include that album they did with Neil Young.  I bought a couple of those live albums.  They put out a disc for every show on their 2000 tour.  Something like 120 shows. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #814 on: February 28, 2011, 10:48:51 pm »

I wonder who I have the most of in my collection?  iTunes doesn't really have a good way to sort that.The Beatles maybe (458 songs), I have all of their albums.

I'm still wondering.

Radiohead - 519
Grateful Dead - 480
Led Zeppelin - 275
Wilco - 272
Rolling Stones - 205
Thin Lizzy - 187 (Thanks Nabu)
AC/DC - 127

Probably Radiohead!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #815 on: February 28, 2011, 11:49:29 pm »

I got PJ's live album for the show I went to that tour, and then I got the highly rated European ones (Poland and London, I think) and then a lot of people gave them to me. I don't hardly listen to them anymore. I do really like Mike McCready, though.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some of the tracks that are listed as PJ were actually someone else.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #816 on: March 01, 2011, 12:51:39 am »

I got the highly rated European ones (Poland and London, I think)

I've got the Manchester and Birmingham shows.  That would be Manchester Tennessee and Birmingham Alabama.  J/K  I actually have Birmingham England and Memphis Tennessee.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #817 on: March 01, 2011, 01:16:44 am »

I got PJ's live album for the show I went to that tour, and then I got the highly rated European ones (Poland and London, I think) and then a lot of people gave them to me. I don't hardly listen to them anymore. I do really like Mike McCready, though.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some of the tracks that are listed as PJ were actually someone else.

You probably have a shit ton of Creed labeled as PJ, haha.

Out of the 5 main albums I loved in junior high, Ten aged the least well I think. The other four are Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge by Mudhoney, Nevermind by Nirvana, Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden and Dirt by Alice in Chains. Well, Ten and Dirt didn't age too well, although Would? might be the best song from those albums. I still count the other three, especially EGBDF, among my favorite. Also, except for Dirt, all of those albums were released within like two months of each other. Crazy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #818 on: March 01, 2011, 04:35:05 am »

You probably have a shit ton of Creed labeled as PJ, haha.
That's so far from funny it can't even see it from there.
Out of the 5 main albums I loved in junior high, Ten aged the least well I think. The other four are Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge by Mudhoney, Nevermind by Nirvana, Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden and Dirt by Alice in Chains. Well, Ten and Dirt didn't age too well, although Would? might be the best song from those albums. I still count the other three, especially EGBDF, among my favorite. Also, except for Dirt, all of those albums were released within like two months of each other. Crazy.

Interesting. I can't stand Mudhoney, but I don't really have a problem with the rest - although it'd be hard for Ten to age well, as it's so fuck*ng overplayed it might as well be Appetite For Destruction. My personal take is that PJ turned into a bit better band than I thought they would, and the opposite for Nirvana.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #819 on: March 01, 2011, 05:27:02 am »

The hell you say - Dirt is an album for the ages. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #820 on: March 01, 2011, 07:56:18 am »

Jerry Jeff Walker-- Viva Terlingua. 99 cent record bin. YEAH.

Whenever I play country music (loudly) in my house, I think about how I am the only white person in my building. It is like the inverse of when I hear loud rap music playing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #821 on: March 01, 2011, 08:57:39 am »

I got that from my dad, pretty awesome.

I wannna be home with the armadilo



You should check out Terry Allen - Lubbock (On Everything) 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #822 on: March 01, 2011, 09:27:25 am »

My personal take is that PJ turned into a bit better band than I thought they would, and the opposite for Nirvana.

I was trying to remember when it was that I saw Pearl Jam and I ran across this...

Quote from: Eddie Vedder
It's hard for us to watch early performances, even though that's when people think we were on fire and young. Playing music for as long as I had been playing music and then getting a shot at making a record and at having an audience and stuff, it's just like an untamed force...a different kind of energy. And I find it kind of hard to watch those early performances because it's so just fuck*ng, semi-testosterone-fueled or whatever. But it didn't come from jock mentality. It came from just being let out of the gates. And Jeff and Stone, their hoss was just about to be put down when it was put in the race. And I was coming from the same place. So when they finally let us out of the gates, we didn't have a smooth, galvanized, streamlined gate [sic]. We were just rocking all over the place.

What a fuck*ng pussy!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #823 on: March 01, 2011, 05:18:56 pm »

Jerry Jeff Walker-- Viva Terlingua. 99 cent record bin. YEAH.

Whenever I play country music (loudly) in my house, I think about how I am the only white person in my building. It is like the inverse of when I hear loud rap music playing.

I used to listen to Charlie Pride with my Dad all the time. I don't know what that means.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #824 on: March 01, 2011, 05:21:16 pm »

I was trying to remember when it was that I saw Pearl Jam and I ran across this...

What a fuck*ng pussy!

Ed tends to be a little too introspective for my tastes. You don't have to examine every single moment of your life to make it worth living.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 190   Go Up