Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380142 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #825 on: March 01, 2011, 06:49:30 pm »

is it pathetic to bitch about jocks when youre not in HS or college anymore?  or was he just referring to an attitude that some people have?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #826 on: March 01, 2011, 08:19:25 pm »

yeah, I could not really understand what he was saying. Something like "it's painful to watch how enthusiastic we are, because we come across as some sort of jock d-bags instead of the sensitive souls we are. We were just so excited because (gibberish metaphor that mostly meant "we were excited to be successful at music")"
right?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #827 on: March 01, 2011, 09:28:42 pm »

I for one still like "Ten."  Not that I listen to it all the time or anything, but when I do hear tracks from it (particularly the non-radio cuts, since they haven't been played to death) I still like 'em.  I saw Pearl Jam last summer, and I really wanted to hear "Porch."  Didn't get that, but they did play "Garden," which was almost as good.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #828 on: March 01, 2011, 11:17:51 pm »

You don't have to examine every single moment of your life to make it worth living.
QFT.  When I was in high school, I thought Socrates' statement that "the unexamined life is not worth living" was the most profound thing I'd ever heard, and resolved to be as fully conscious of each moment as possible.  This was exhausting.  By my junior year of college I would appendix anyone quoting that line with, "Let me tell you, the over-examined life is no picnic either."
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #829 on: March 01, 2011, 11:49:47 pm »

its a question of balance, like with everything else, i suppose......
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #830 on: March 02, 2011, 02:10:50 am »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #831 on: March 02, 2011, 04:53:39 am »

QFT.  When I was in high school, I thought Socrates' statement that "the unexamined life is not worth living" was the most profound thing I'd ever heard, and resolved to be as fully conscious of each moment as possible.  This was exhausting.  By my junior year of college I would appendix anyone quoting that line with, "Let me tell you, the over-examined life is no picnic either."

Yeah, he said "unexamined", not "less than perfectly examined".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #832 on: March 02, 2011, 05:30:54 am »

I just think he's a pussy because he is embarrassed that he used to rock out.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #833 on: March 02, 2011, 06:09:42 am »

I think I have a new song leader.  I went out to find on torrent an old Utopia album that I used to have on vinyl and cassette.  I found it alright.  I came across a torrent of every Todd Rundgren album ever including about 7-8 live albums from every phase of his career and several rarities collections I've never heard of.  Altogether it was 54 albums.  I don't know how many songs that adds up to exactly because it's 4 different bands.  I already had about 10 of those albums, but now I guess I've pretty much got TR covered.

Edit:  I just wanted to hear this, ya know.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:18:49 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #834 on: March 02, 2011, 03:39:36 pm »

I just think he's a pussy because he is embarrassed that he used to rock out.

I think we are all clear on your feelings of "fuck this guy" with regard to Eddie Vedder.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #835 on: March 02, 2011, 03:53:07 pm »

I'm intrigued and surprised by how similar Queen and Sweet are. I never knew that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #836 on: March 02, 2011, 05:28:32 pm »

I think we are all clear on your feelings of "fuck this guy" with regard to Eddie Vedder.

Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion there.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #837 on: March 03, 2011, 12:24:54 am »

The Flaming Lips' "Embryonic". Kinda obsessively too. Why no one told me about this? I thought we were friends =(

I just think he's a pussy because he is embarrassed that he used to rock out.


He is, isn't he. Fuck him if he can't take a joke, right.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:34:54 am by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #838 on: March 03, 2011, 03:00:33 am »

He is, isn't he. Fuck him if he can't take a joke, right.

He should be embarrassed that he doesn't rock out anymore. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #839 on: March 03, 2011, 03:55:49 am »

I call this image BeastiAl:



(Obviously very old; new to me.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 190   Go Up