Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 382039 times)

0 Members and 61 Guests are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #915 on: April 14, 2011, 10:23:16 pm »

I believe tomorrow with be TV on the Radio day!  Downloading all their stuff too!

In re: Godin - Awesome!   I was really pleased with the play feel myself.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #916 on: April 15, 2011, 02:31:32 am »

Fuck You! by the Cee Lo gentleman has been stuck in my head for about a week. It makes for an interesting week when Im secretly singing "so fuck you, fuck fuck you" in my head during work conversations.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #917 on: April 15, 2011, 03:31:14 am »

Fuck You! by the Cee Lo gentleman has been stuck in my head for about a week. It makes for an interesting week when Im secretly singing "so fuck you, fuck fuck you" in my head during work conversations.

Did you see the ASL version I posted in the YouTube thread? That was fun.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #918 on: April 15, 2011, 04:57:50 pm »

The New TV on the Radio is great!

I accidently got into these guys.  The second time I saw them live, I was like "They guys are pretty great!"
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #919 on: April 17, 2011, 07:33:51 pm »

New Cass McCombs is wonderful. I think so far it's only been released in the UK, but I have a[n internet] connection.

Sorry if I already shared this, but it's great: http://soundcloud.com/dominorecordco/cass-mccombs-county-line
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #920 on: April 19, 2011, 07:03:49 am »

I just watched the Rocky Erickson documentary, and now I can't stop listening to You're Gonna Miss Me. Hoo boy. I also just passed the point in listening to that album where I have realized started really loving a lot of the songs I didn't like too much at first.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #921 on: April 21, 2011, 02:05:28 pm »

I went to school with the niece of Terry Chambers (XTC drummer). True story.

God I love XTC. The only good thing to ever emerge from Swindon
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #922 on: April 22, 2011, 11:58:33 pm »

It has a Magic Roundabout.

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #923 on: April 23, 2011, 12:12:21 am »

Oh, man, we got some fairly simple round about's in my city last year, and  you should see the way people lost their shit over it.  Sad.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #924 on: April 23, 2011, 03:20:58 am »

there is a kind-of-roundabout near my house, and I have seen more people go around it clockwise than counter-clockwise.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #925 on: April 23, 2011, 05:06:01 am »

when i lived in tampa, they put a roundabout in clearwater. before i moved out of tampa, they replaced the roundabout with a traffic light.


i lived in tampa for three years.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #926 on: April 23, 2011, 05:53:01 am »

We've got a few roundabouts here in Houston.  I used to think roundabouts were silly, but now I think they are pretty cool.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #927 on: April 23, 2011, 06:01:20 am »

they really do handle traffic better, once the locals get used to them. tourists can never handle roundabouts unless they have a few locally.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #928 on: April 23, 2011, 06:53:18 am »

Are round abouts really that rare in the US?
I heard something anecdotally a while ago that city planning types like them because you get less accidents at round abouts than traffic lights, because it's harder to just plough through I suppose.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #929 on: April 23, 2011, 11:10:21 am »

Are round abouts really that rare in the US?

Depends on the area I think, but mostly yes. I don't understand what the big deal is though. I think people hear horror stories about driving in Paris. They put in a couple near where I grew up recently, and my dad was annoyed at first but then was impressed by how much the traffic situation improved. They have a few out here but mostly in areas that never had traffic problems to begin with.

I heard something anecdotally a while ago that city planning types like them because you get less accidents at round abouts than traffic lights, because it's harder to just plough through I suppose.

That's what I've heard. Intersections with traffic lights and stop signs are dangerous and inefficient, and roundabouts are relatively cheap and effective solutions. But yeah, just what I've heard anecdotally. I don't have any numbers.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 190   Go Up