Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381235 times)

0 Members and 65 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #930 on: April 23, 2011, 04:25:01 pm »

This is in the center of the roundabout right near my house:
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #931 on: April 23, 2011, 07:19:16 pm »

Seriously, Joan of Arc?

Still, cool statue.

You're damn right it's cool - it's gold!

Portland has a thing about teenage girls.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #932 on: April 23, 2011, 09:13:53 pm »

Portland has a thing about teenage girls.

I thought it was teenage boys.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #933 on: April 23, 2011, 10:41:38 pm »

This is in the middle of the roundabout in the Museum district.

There is an intersection very near my house where five streets converge.  I avoid it like the plague because it always takes forever waiting for your turn to go.  I so wish they would put in a roundabout there.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #934 on: April 24, 2011, 08:02:01 am »

I've been listening to this Fluxblog Best of 2010 mixdisc the past couple of days off and on because I stumbled across The National and decided I like them.  Turns out I have 5 The National songs on my playlist all from various mixdisc I've collected over the years.  I guess it's time I noticed them.  Anyway, that mixdisc is the bomb.  8 disc, 157 songs and there's not a single track that I don't at the very least find somewhat interesting.  It's really fuck*ng good.

I also remembered how much I love There Goes Rhymin' Simon.  Particularly these two songs.

I love Paul Simon's music, but his words are profound.  In my opinion he's America's greatest songwriter.  Of the 20th century certainly, if not of all time. 

Anywhoo... I was wanting to ask...  There were two articles posted that I can't seem to find.  One was a list of the worst songs of 2010 that was hilarious.  I thought of it when their number one worst of the year, a song by Train, won best rock track at the Grammys.  It also included a song by Ringo Starr, dueting with a young woman old enough to be his granddaughter and he keeps creepily crooning Who's your Daddy over and over.  The other article a year by year history of the Grunge era as written by someone who lived through it as a teen.

Can anyone help me find these articles, please.

PS- Happy Easter!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #935 on: April 24, 2011, 08:11:07 am »

I am pretty sure that grunge thing is on the av club.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #937 on: April 24, 2011, 09:02:50 am »

Thanks man.  It had only gotten up to part 7 when I read it before.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #938 on: April 24, 2011, 08:18:11 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #939 on: April 27, 2011, 12:18:52 am »

I think I could write 100 pages worth about all the differences between the Group Bombino releases put out by Sublime Frequencies, and the new album "Agadez," by Bombino. (they are the same guy).

The self-loathing part of me wants to say "we are all really, really racist, but in different ways" is the thesis I would write.

Man, fuckin' Starbucks "world" music.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #940 on: April 27, 2011, 07:18:52 am »

I saw Beans and Tobacco tonight, it was pretty rad!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #941 on: April 27, 2011, 07:33:13 am »

This thing.
Amanda Palmer, Ben Folds, Neil Gaiman and a couple of other people I don't know tried to write and record 8 songs in 8 hours, in the end they got 6 done in 12.
It's much better than I expected it to be. Nothing classic on there but all fun pop.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #942 on: April 27, 2011, 07:36:38 am »

If loving Tesla is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #943 on: April 27, 2011, 01:10:40 pm »

This thing.
Amanda Palmer, Ben Folds, Neil Gaiman and a couple of other people I don't know tried to write and record 8 songs in 8 hours, in the end they got 6 done in 12.
It's much better than I expected it to be. Nothing classic on there but all fun pop.

The 4th person is the dude from OK Go. Remember when they're style was more stilted and kind of amelodic?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #944 on: April 27, 2011, 07:10:14 pm »

If loving Tesla is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Yes to this. They're one past Boston on the Moh's scale.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 190   Go Up