Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380980 times)

0 Members and 46 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #945 on: May 02, 2011, 12:49:40 pm »

Been listening to Ty Segall -Melted in with my heavy Black Lips rotation.  It is pretty alright.

Hey inev, is there other stuff from him I should get? 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:04:01 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #946 on: May 03, 2011, 12:54:45 am »

Damn, the new Adele album is good from first to last song.  It's been a long time since I've found a record I can listen to all the way through without skipping any songs.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #947 on: May 03, 2011, 04:36:46 am »

I like assorted tracks from his other albums. Melted blows them away, though.

...those tracks are both from his self-titled. Maybe I have not listened to Lemons as much as I thought, because none of these songs sound familiar.

I have this album on vinyl and haven't listened to it much.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #948 on: May 05, 2011, 07:17:50 pm »

I am rolling with the Britpop today - from DM to Cure to Radiohead to Arctic Monkeys (I'll be seeing them in August or so) to Eels to New Order to Smiths. I know they probably don't all fall neatly into a Britpop category/genre, exactly, but they sorta all make me feel the same way, which is what I need today (fuckin' work).

So, Radiohead fans, of which I know there are several here: I guess they are like the Dead or Wilco or Ween or (fill-in-the-blank) in that everyone has seventy-bajillion bootlegs by them? I have this 'Mists of Avalon' thingie and it's pretty cool.

Also, The Cure: Join the Dots is pretty cool as well.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #949 on: May 05, 2011, 07:42:05 pm »

Also, The Cure: Join the Dots is pretty cool as well.

Speaking thereof, they're apparently going to play their first three albums in full at a festival gig in Australia.
http://pitchfork.com/news/42420-the-cure-to-play-first-three-albums-in-full/
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #950 on: May 05, 2011, 08:25:42 pm »

That'd be pretty sweet, but I think maybe it's Bob and a bunch of other guys? I can't remember. When I saw the Buzzcocks, they basically played everything off Another Music in a Different Kitchen, A Different Kind of Tension, and Love Bites (among other stuff). That was amazing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #951 on: May 06, 2011, 06:54:42 pm »

Thee Oh Sees have 11 albums. Holy crap. I have really only listened to 4 of them.

It doesn't help that their early ones are out of print on vinyl, and I can't find them anywhere to download.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #952 on: May 06, 2011, 11:53:50 pm »

Blasted the Wipers again today - hey Keith, did I ever ask you if you had listened to them? Every time I hear Born with a Curse I think of you - I think it's that main riff that does it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #953 on: May 09, 2011, 05:34:24 am »

I only love Juke. I just downloaded a ton, and right now I want everything to have a 150bpm beat behind it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #954 on: May 09, 2011, 02:46:28 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #955 on: May 09, 2011, 06:11:24 pm »

I've been listening to the MGMT's first album pretty much non-stop.

Hell of enjoying it.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #956 on: May 22, 2011, 01:26:07 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #957 on: May 22, 2011, 02:36:24 pm »

I discovered that McCartney contains the words Art and Car so it's become my soundtrack for Artcar weekend.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #958 on: May 22, 2011, 06:15:01 pm »

I said the McRae thing on FB, so I won't say it here. Oops.

Recent pulls from the library:

The Sounds "Something to Die For" - Danish pop.
Dr. Dog "Shame, Shame" - new old school rock. I really like Dr. Dog. They should have been recording in the late 60s/early 70s.
Them Crooked Vultures - I never got this when it came out. They played here and I didn't even go. Anyway, Dave Grohl, John Paul Jones, and Josh Homme.
The Shins "Wincing the Night Away" - I used to have this, and I think it got deleted. I may actually already be burned out on it.
Springsteen "Darkness on the Edge of Town" - Yeah, I don't have much Springsteen. I like him, I just never got any. It's sort of like a little treasure box I've never opened.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #959 on: May 22, 2011, 07:59:34 pm »

Dr. Dog are awesome! I like them a lot. I think Fate and Easy Beat are my favorites.

They are also fun to see live. My thought was that I want there to be a lot more indie rock that sounds like this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 190   Go Up