Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380919 times)

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #960 on: May 23, 2011, 05:17:30 pm »

Anyone here into The Mountain Goats?  This is a tune I liked to listen to during my brief stint working at the level four virology lab.  It made me thing of some of the high level scientists I worked with - they were totally incapable of certain aspects of human nature, yet greatly wanting to be human.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #961 on: May 23, 2011, 11:44:09 pm »

This isn't really what I am listening to, but I found out one of my favorite Minutemen songs is a Steely Dan cover.  Dr. Wu is the song.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #962 on: May 24, 2011, 02:19:33 am »

This isn't really what I am listening to, but I found out one of my favorite Minutemen songs is a Steely Dan cover.  Dr. Wu is the song.

Are you crazy?  Are you high?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #963 on: May 24, 2011, 03:24:27 am »

The Minutemen version is so good.  So good.  It makes me think that Steely Dan has really good lyrics.

And probably yes to both.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #964 on: May 24, 2011, 05:31:20 am »

Are you crazy?  Are you high?

Nah, he's just an ordinary guy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #965 on: May 24, 2011, 06:02:01 am »

THEY FINALLY GOT TO YOU
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #966 on: May 24, 2011, 07:19:32 am »

This isn't really what I am listening to, but I found out one of my favorite Minutemen songs is a Steely Dan cover.  Dr. Wu is the song.

Heh heh. Ha ha ha!

My ex fuck*ng hated Steely Dan with a passion. Explains why I love them so much, maybe.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #967 on: May 24, 2011, 07:25:13 am »

I really like Reelin' in the Years. I went through a brief Steely Dan phase after realizing how much I loved that song, and then read about the mu major chord and from then on that was all I could hear. Pretty dumb, I know.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #968 on: May 24, 2011, 01:32:49 pm »

I really like Reelin' in the Years. I went through a brief Steely Dan phase after realizing how much I loved that song, and then read about the mu major chord and from then on that was all I could hear. Pretty dumb, I know.

Fascinating.  Have a can (add2).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #969 on: May 26, 2011, 05:02:43 am »

This isn't really what I am listening to, but I found out one of my favorite Minutemen songs is a Steely Dan cover.  Dr. Wu is the song.

I had no idea about this. It doesn't sound like Steely Dan, but I guess I wouldn't expect it to. That is a great song. I saw Mike Watt the last couple times he was in town and that guy is pretty fuck*ng rad. Great shows.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #970 on: May 26, 2011, 06:16:13 am »

The day I posted that I watched you tube videos of him talking about econoline vans.  It is fuck*ng sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTC1VL4xuE

This interview with Thurston Moore is long and boring, but it is a pretty awesome story about his first times meeting him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfgbl0c65U0
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #971 on: May 26, 2011, 08:59:10 pm »

vertigo-jump little children

i think theyre a southern indie band?  i heard about them from a FIF in GA.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #972 on: May 27, 2011, 12:13:21 am »

yep! The lady mentioned in the Matter of Taste thread loves them, and claims to have made out with several of the members. In a really gross "went backstage at the concert" way.

...how did I ever think that was a smart person for me to date.

Lately I am on another hip-hop kick, and I am enjoying the heck out of it. Downloaded all 4 of the "Revenue Retrievin'" E-40 albums, and they are all kind of blending together. I think he overdid it.

I love his weird rapping style. The way he does weird things with his voice really tickles me. Keak da Sneak also has a really really weird voice.

Quote
Jesus Christ had dreads, so shake em
I aint got none, but I'm planning on growing some
Imagine all the Hebrews going dumb
Dancing on top of chariots and turning tight ones

I love the way hyphy didn't take itself seriously at all. Although, I guess 90% of hyphy songs were talking about how great hyphy was, and how it is the best and most original hip-hop. Also, the marionette in that video kills me every time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #973 on: May 27, 2011, 12:36:32 am »

I love the way hyphy didn't take itself seriously at all. Although, I guess 90% of hyphy songs were talking about how great hyphy was, and how it is the best and most original hip-hop. Also, the marionette in that video kills me every time.

ghost ride!
go crazy!
who's that drivin'?
patrick swayze!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #974 on: May 27, 2011, 04:32:54 am »

yep! The lady mentioned in the Matter of Taste thread loves them, and claims to have made out with several of the members. In a really gross "went backstage at the concert" way.

Did those guys enjoy the taste of your spunk? Or did she not let them know about that?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 190   Go Up