Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379961 times)

0 Members and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #990 on: June 02, 2011, 12:47:10 pm »

Yeah, you need to switch it up with the one he did with Poplamoose to kind of balance it out.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #991 on: June 02, 2011, 02:57:36 pm »

Yeah, you need to switch it up with the one he did with Poplamoose to kind of balance it out.

Or his Darkness cover.

I have no idea if that will work. YouTube told me to fuck myself when I tried to play it, but maybe you guys live in the UAE or wherever it plays correctly.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #992 on: June 02, 2011, 03:00:36 pm »

Or his Darkness cover.

I have no idea if that will work. YouTube told me to fuck myself when I tried to play it, but maybe you guys live in the UAE or wherever it plays correctly.

Nope, was it this one?

When I went to see him last month he covered Ke$ha. Apparently it's a thing he's doing this year.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #993 on: June 02, 2011, 03:52:41 pm »

Trying again: this one (takes some clicking).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #994 on: June 03, 2011, 07:36:22 am »

Here Come the Warm Jets, holy crap. Holy crap. Robert Fripp playing some weirdo noisy-ass shit. YEAH.

While Here Come The Warm Jets is indeed awesome, Fripp's best Eno work is actually on Saint Elmo's Fire from Another Green World. FACT.

(This should more properly go into our nonexistent "What are you drunkenly listening to?" thread.)
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #995 on: June 03, 2011, 06:28:58 pm »

Have I mentioned Wye Oak?  A search says no.

So, yeah.  Wye Oak.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #996 on: June 03, 2011, 07:06:47 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #997 on: June 03, 2011, 07:51:39 pm »

I was going to come on here and talk about how great Another Green World is for the last few days, but then I forgot.

I have this problem with bands that I really like but that aren't my favorite bands- I only really listen to one album.  I don't know why exactly that is, but with Eno it is all about Another Green World.  I have listened to Here Come the Warm Jets and Taking Tiger Mountain, and both are good, but when I want Eno my mind will only accept Another Green World (or Roxy Music or the Talking Heads, but that is a different story).  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFz50q_QmfE

While Here Come The Warm Jets is indeed awesome, Fripp's best Eno work is actually on Saint Elmo's Fire from Another Green World. FACT.

(This should more properly go into our nonexistent "What are you drunkenly listening to?" thread.)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #998 on: June 03, 2011, 08:26:20 pm »

Good lord I have listened to this song like six times today.  It's a jaunty little song about shooting your classmates!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #999 on: June 03, 2011, 08:38:44 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1000 on: June 04, 2011, 03:49:12 am »

Good lord I have listened to this song like six times today.  It's a jaunty little song about shooting your classmates!

Pretty catchy. Something about the singer reminds me of Ryan Leaf, just a little.
Yes, I am irreparably scarred and view the world through a Ryan Leaf-colored lens. Please don't make fun of me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1001 on: June 04, 2011, 04:03:22 am »

And also, to be young again and model-gorgeous and musically talented and live in Southern California. I kinda want to keep an eye on these guys to see if they herald the coming apocalypse or something.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1002 on: June 04, 2011, 08:41:58 pm »

little secrets-passion pit

their shit is kinda hot and stanky.  one of the few electronic-y groups that are rad.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1003 on: June 05, 2011, 06:57:54 am »

That was great.

I'm listening to Iggy this evening.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1004 on: June 05, 2011, 07:52:16 am »

Oh man, I have been listening to penetration by the stooges so much.  That little keyboard line kills me.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 190   Go Up