Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380370 times)

0 Members and 60 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1080 on: June 25, 2011, 04:18:52 am »

In other words, I can't measure it, but I can't even be happy for you.

Go with pity then.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1081 on: June 25, 2011, 04:29:29 am »

Go with pity then.

I hope you've come to your sense since.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1082 on: June 25, 2011, 04:33:21 am »

I hope you've come to your sense since.
Well no, not really.  I only know that one song that was a big hit back in the day.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1083 on: June 25, 2011, 04:36:05 am »

Well no, not really.  I only know that one song that was a big hit back in the day.

Presumably I Got You (video features a 12-year-old Neil Finn).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1084 on: June 25, 2011, 04:40:41 am »

But hey, thanks for giving me my next blog post (Here's "I See Red", another fantastic video).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1085 on: June 25, 2011, 05:26:48 am »

Thank you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1086 on: July 16, 2011, 01:19:00 am »

timorous me(live)-ted leo and the pharmacists

the breakdowns where they play the irish wake bits are my favorite parts
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1087 on: July 17, 2011, 06:32:16 pm »

Big Star.

Yes.

new black lips is fuck*ng sick

Been listening to this all morning. Now that it's noon It's time to move on...

I listened to Lou Reed's Peggy Sue the other day and thought it was terrible. I stopped there. I'll give the rest of it a shot.

Buddy Holly was one of my first musical obsessions as a young boy, so basically you don't fuck with Buddy Holly.

to Buddy Holly. But the real thing. Skipped through some tracks of the tribute at a record store the other day and it just made me sad and angry. I think there are couple that kind of worked but I just can't stand it. I also hate covers of Built to Spill songs.

So I first saw Built to Spill 16 years ago this summer, and I had just turned 16 the month before, so that's pretty significant, right? Also, the exact date is on a Friday, so I'm thinking I need to do something. Like maybe smoke a bunch of weed and listen to Ultimate Alternative Wavers. Alone, to make it really like High School.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1088 on: July 18, 2011, 12:50:41 am »

Quote from: miles
I also hate covers of Built to Spill songs.

I... discovered Built to Spill through Ben Folds' cover of "Twin Falls".

/Eeyore voice "I guess I'm laaaaaaaaaame"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1089 on: July 18, 2011, 01:48:36 pm »

Heavy rotation:  Army Navy, Wye Oak, The Joy Formidable, Foster the People, fun.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1090 on: July 19, 2011, 12:25:13 am »

I... discovered Built to Spill through Ben Folds' cover of "Twin Falls".

/Eeyore voice "I guess I'm laaaaaaaaaame"

Covers are fine, I'd just rather hear Doug do it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1091 on: July 19, 2011, 03:13:49 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1093 on: July 23, 2011, 06:32:56 pm »

I have a version of this song by Bonnie Prince Billy.  It's a pretty cool song.

This was in reference to The Calvary Cross. Do you happen to have a live recording, or is it the one from his album with Tortoise, The Brave and the Bold? I love really like Tortoise, and I really love Will Oldham, but this album didn't really do it for me. It's one of the better songs from the album I think, but I was thinking that a Bonnie Prince Billy sans Tortoise cover might kick fuck*ng ass.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1094 on: July 24, 2011, 02:03:23 am »

Yeah, it's the BPB/Tortoise version.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 190   Go Up