Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379534 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1095 on: July 26, 2011, 06:17:52 am »

There's something about this chorus that fuck*ng kills me.

Dumb video though. Plus that mean girl is way too old to be in high school.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1096 on: July 29, 2011, 02:49:48 am »

Johnny Kidd and the Pirates
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1097 on: August 03, 2011, 07:37:28 pm »

I also hate covers of Built to Spill songs.


Did you ever hear that CD of new wave versions of BtS songs done by . . . I dunno, maybe the bassist (went back and checked wiki - turns out I remembered rightly)? I've only listened to it a couple times.

(If you're interested, I can hook you up.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1098 on: August 04, 2011, 12:39:46 am »

Yes, I have that. Not much of anything Doug Martsch related manages to get by me. I think it's pretty fun.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1099 on: August 04, 2011, 07:44:34 am »

A'ight. I caught that at the Built to Spill/Halo Benders show.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1100 on: August 05, 2011, 09:13:22 pm »

bound for the floor-local h

this worm from my teenage years has been in my ear for a few days now.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1101 on: August 05, 2011, 10:03:17 pm »

I saw Local H back in oh 92, 93 maybe.  They opened for STP and they were terrible.  Wikipedia says they are known for their great shows.  They must have been going through a rough patch when I saw them. 

I do remember that they didn't have a bass player and it appears that's their modus operandi despite the fact there is clearly a bass on that song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1102 on: August 05, 2011, 10:40:52 pm »

I saw Local H back in oh 92, 93 maybe.  They opened for STP and they were terrible.  Wikipedia says they are known for their great shows.  They must have been going through a rough patch when I saw them. 

I do remember that they didn't have a bass player and it appears that's their modus operandi despite the fact there is clearly a bass on that song.

i read somewhere that the singer/guitarist also played bass in the studio.  i dont know how they would accomplish that effect live with just a two-piece and no bass, unless he down tunes his shit hardcore like jack white.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1103 on: August 05, 2011, 10:42:30 pm »

i dont know how they would accomplish that effect live with just a two-piece

I think they just said fuck it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1104 on: August 07, 2011, 08:14:10 pm »

i read somewhere that the singer/guitarist also played bass in the studio.  i dont know how they would accomplish that effect live with just a two-piece and no bass, unless he down tunes his shit hardcore like jack white.

I thought he had extra bass pick-ups on his guitar. I've never seen that live, so I don't know if that's actually effective.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1105 on: August 19, 2011, 11:39:09 pm »

sweet disposition-temper trap

i cant decide if i like it or not.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1106 on: August 20, 2011, 03:36:54 am »

temper trap

Is that name a play on The Tender Trap?  If so, I don't know, it's just... Uhh... sMets, what am I trying to say here?

I'll tell you what, that band sure has finely tuned their U2 chops for that particular song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1107 on: August 20, 2011, 03:39:51 am »

Or Time Trap?

Did I ever mention how cool it is to have a really good friend who has close ties to this band but doesn't like them? Because it's not cool at all.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1108 on: August 20, 2011, 06:38:03 am »

Time Trap

I really dig that song, it cooks.  It came to me via a mix disc that Bozack sent many years ago.  But everything else I've heard from them has left me cold.  This is probably Youtube's fault.  Can you make a recommendation on some good gateway BtS songs?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1109 on: August 20, 2011, 08:21:32 am »

I love Broken Chairs. That might be my favorite.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 190   Go Up