Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380505 times)

0 Members and 64 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1110 on: August 20, 2011, 04:39:34 pm »

I love Broken Chairs. That might be my favorite.

Fuck yeah, that rocks.  Thanks!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1111 on: August 21, 2011, 08:31:23 pm »

sweet disposition-temper trap

i cant decide if i like it or not.

You do. You do like it. This is a good song.
I wish the rest of the album was as good, though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1112 on: August 23, 2011, 05:46:25 am »

Got the new Tom Waits on amazon. It kicks ass.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1113 on: August 23, 2011, 08:31:02 am »

I'll be wanting the physical artifact of the new Tom Waits release.

Because I am desperately old.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1114 on: August 23, 2011, 11:37:19 am »

Because I am desperately old.

youre only as old as you act.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1115 on: August 23, 2011, 12:00:25 pm »

He is desperately old.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1116 on: August 23, 2011, 12:03:01 pm »

I'll be wanting the physical artifact of the new Tom Waits release.

Because I am desperately old.

This is just one song and is $0.99. I doubt it will get a physical release.

When his new album is released, I will buy the vinyl and the CD. Because I'm old and desperately obsessive.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1117 on: August 23, 2011, 04:04:46 pm »

I've been listening to London Town by Wings.  I know it's not cool to love Cheezy Paul McCartney, but it's just who I am.  Girlfriend is hard wired into my brain.  It's brain tape from small times as Roast Beef might say.  I don't know if it's the melody or the lyrics or the harmony or what.  Girlfriend, I'm gonna tell your boyfriend, yeah, tell him exactly what you're doing.

I never really got into punk rock when I was a kid.  I listened to the Ramones when they first came out and thought they were interesting, but pretty limited.  And I was totally thrilled by the stories I was reading about the Sex Pistols in Rolling Stone and Creem magazine, but when it came to their actual music, to me it was unsustainable garbage.  And I understand that Punk was supposed to be a wake up call for rock and roll that had become overblown and self indulgent.  And to a certain limited extent I agree with that.

But if I had to choose between Punk Rock and With a Little Luck, well you know where I stand on that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1118 on: August 24, 2011, 04:55:34 am »

I've been listening to London Town by Wings.

Morse Moose And The Grey Goose is awesome.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1119 on: August 24, 2011, 05:47:32 am »

Morse Moose And The Grey Goose is awesome.

Thank you, I feel validated.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1120 on: August 24, 2011, 03:17:21 pm »

I am listening to Perrey and Kingsley. Things like this and this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1121 on: August 24, 2011, 08:08:32 pm »

Color me disappointed that it wasn't this Girlfriend song you were confessing as a guilty pleasure. Although this one wouldn't have surprised me.

Girlfriend is hard wired into my brain.  It's brain tape from small times as Roast Beef might say.  I don't know if it's the melody or the lyrics or the harmony or what.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 08:12:30 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1122 on: August 25, 2011, 01:24:39 am »

Matthew Sweet's "Girlfriend" is the Girlfriend I would've assumed too.

It's just such a bitchin' video.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1123 on: August 25, 2011, 01:56:29 am »

I'm sure y'all are joking about those other lesser girlfriend songs, but I have to say, Paul McCartney is no guilty pleasure.  In my opinion he's the greatest songwriter of the 20th century.  I'll take McCartney's Girlfriend over those others any ol' day.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1124 on: August 25, 2011, 02:06:07 am »

I'm sure y'all are joking about those other lesser girlfriend songs, but I have to say, Paul McCartney is no guilty pleasure.  In my opinion he's the greatest songwriter of the 20th century.  I'll take McCartney's Girlfriend over those others any ol' day.

There's a probably anecdotal story about an interviewer asking Sir Paul what it was like to be Rock's greatest songwriter (or some other inane question like that) and he supposedly said "ask Neil Finn". I'm down with Paul, though. He's a'ight.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 190   Go Up