Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380178 times)

0 Members and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1230 on: October 23, 2011, 02:02:41 pm »

I'm listening to this quirky little cover by Cake. I was poking around in Black Sabbath playlists and found it, while discovering about 600 versions of all of Sabbath's early songs. They sure worked the kinks out of those songs live.

I have this on Cake's B-Sides and Rarities album. I could tell from context that it was a cover but had no idea who did the original. So that's for solving that mystery for me.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1231 on: October 24, 2011, 01:46:10 am »

I have this on Cake's B-Sides and Rarities album. I could tell from context that it was a cover but had no idea who did the original. So that's for solving that mystery for me.

Huh, at 43 years old I can still be totally floored.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1232 on: October 24, 2011, 03:13:43 am »

Someone was trying to get people together beforehand to practice dancing to this, but couldn't pull it off. Zombies have no self discipline.

I stumbled upon the huge zombie walk in Denver yesterday and there was about 100 people doing the thriller dance. They had definitely practiced many times. Best costume I saw was someone walking a three-legged dog with the leash tied to a bloody dog leg clenched in his teeth.

At karaoke later that night someone dressed as Simon Pegg from Sean of the Dead (complete with cricket bat) sang Fame but replaced "Fame" with "Brains." It worked surprisingly well. Other songs chosen: Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie, and Zombie by the Cranberries.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1233 on: October 24, 2011, 05:12:26 am »

Hey, T. How ya doin'?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1234 on: October 24, 2011, 08:25:37 am »

I'm just rockin' in the free world, what more can you expect
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1235 on: October 24, 2011, 08:37:10 am »

Also I've been listening to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-zZkbcF4fA

A friend of mine said she likes it because the girl seems to be fetishizing (sp?) inanimate objects. Listening to it in that context I have to agree and it reminded me of this documentary.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1236 on: October 24, 2011, 09:14:58 am »

Also I've been listening to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-zZkbcF4fA

A friend of mine said she likes it because the girl seems to be fetishizing (sp?) inanimate objects. Listening to it in that context I have to agree and
Wow!
it reminded me of this documentary.
What

Edit: Whenever I think I pretty much have some stuff figured out, I learn something that makes me feel like I am starting over again.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:24:55 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1237 on: October 24, 2011, 09:30:48 am »

Am I a terrible person that I cannot help but psychoanalyse out the causes of this kind of thing?

I can't help it. I want to figure things out.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1238 on: October 24, 2011, 12:31:14 pm »

Best costume I saw was someone walking a three-legged dog with the leash tied to a bloody dog leg clenched in his teeth.

Oh man, if I had thought of that, we probably would have adopted that three-legged pug I was fostering. Just as well, since that's a pretty terrible idea to have more dogs than you ought to.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1239 on: October 24, 2011, 02:19:51 pm »

Also I've been listening to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-zZkbcF4fA

A friend of mine said she likes it because the girl seems to be fetishizing (sp?) inanimate objects. Listening to it in that context I have to agree and it reminded me of this documentary.

I'm gonna need some time to process this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1240 on: October 24, 2011, 02:42:57 pm »

I knocked out that whole thing at work last night, and then told my wife about it this morning. That is some interesting stuff right there. I wish it had been longer and gone into more detail. There are some clips on YouTube from Tyra Banks' show, but I couldn't watch them.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1241 on: October 24, 2011, 04:36:33 pm »

Zombie Walk playlist: Oingo Boingo "Grey Matter" and "Dead Man's Party," and... I'm stuck there.

Living Dead Girl, of course.

And possibly Don't Fear the Reaper?

Also, Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton is a very appropriate tune with which you may not be familiar.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1242 on: October 25, 2011, 08:10:01 am »

These guys might be appropriate.

They have the benefit of looking the part.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1243 on: October 25, 2011, 11:51:45 am »

These guys might be appropriate.

They have the benefit of looking the part.

classic can
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1244 on: October 25, 2011, 01:13:03 pm »

Awww, I just discovered (via Facebook) that I missed the Raleigh Zombie Walk last weekend. Shucks.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 190   Go Up