Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380687 times)

0 Members and 66 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1245 on: October 27, 2011, 03:16:45 am »

I'm listening to In Rainbows for the first time in a year or more.  I don't remember it rocking so hard. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1246 on: October 27, 2011, 03:53:20 am »

I made a huge playlist of David Bowie, Brian Eno, Captain Beefheart, The Clean, Desperate Bicycles, The Fall, Swell Maps, Les Rallizes Denudes, Roxy Music, Supreme Dicks, Wooden Shjips. I don't know what I think these bands have in common, but they fall into some category in my brain.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1247 on: October 27, 2011, 08:03:46 am »

the new black keys single: lonely boy
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1248 on: October 27, 2011, 08:24:20 am »

the new black keys single: lonely boy

I'm glad that song isn't a remake of this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1249 on: October 31, 2011, 12:27:17 am »

i cant decide-scissor sisters
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1250 on: October 31, 2011, 07:51:25 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1251 on: November 03, 2011, 03:43:12 am »

I'm listening to In Rainbows for the first time in a year or more.  I don't remember it rocking so hard. 

I remember doing that with that album. In fact I didn't like it at first but after a year or so I tried it again and loved it.

New Tom Waits is very good. If you've liked his material over the last two decades I imagine there will be a lot to like about the new album.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1252 on: November 06, 2011, 07:21:11 am »

So I am looking through this thread to find something I posted at some point, and I found a place where DJ Kool Keith (Hernandez) said that "When I'm With You" sounds like Wavves with reverb instead of distortion.

This is the truth, because that song was written by Wavves. in case he hadn't heard that by now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1253 on: November 06, 2011, 03:46:22 pm »

dont worry baby-beach boys

beach boys' harmonies were the everloving shit.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1254 on: November 06, 2011, 06:02:08 pm »

Tonight I see Pixies for the first time. Surfer Blood is opening. I got one of SB's songs as a free daily download like a year or two ago. It didn't grab me but we'll see how they are live.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1255 on: November 06, 2011, 06:34:49 pm »

Jeez, Surfer Blood have really rocketed up fast.

I like them, they are fun. I tried to review the album for the radio station but I got bored of it and gave it to someone else who really liked them. I am pretty sure they do a cover of Hey Sandy, so that is pretty cool. But I guess you guys are not the right age to have watched that show?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1256 on: November 06, 2011, 06:55:12 pm »

I really enjoyed the Pixies show I saw.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1257 on: November 07, 2011, 05:18:19 am »

dont worry baby-beach boys

beach boys' harmonies were the everloving shit.

You are receiving a harmony can.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1258 on: November 07, 2011, 08:00:33 am »

This reminds me that I need to finish that parody of "Beach Baby" about a breach baby someday.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1259 on: November 09, 2011, 02:02:52 am »

The existence of Japanese noise rock makes so much sense.

Like: what is a prominent/international influentially movement in Japanese music?
Noise rock.

To sum this song up:

1. weird old electric organ sounds
2. "tribal" drumming and chanting
3. SURPRISE! SLUDGE METAL!

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 190   Go Up