Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 382333 times)

0 Members and 80 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1260 on: November 10, 2011, 04:30:51 pm »

GHP. Alas, "War Doggs and Iron Pigs" isn't on there - I don't think it's available anymore.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1261 on: November 10, 2011, 11:27:30 pm »

Smile. The Beach Boys.

GOOD LORD!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1262 on: November 10, 2011, 11:30:27 pm »

Did I hear a Good Lord?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1263 on: November 11, 2011, 04:16:52 am »

Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1264 on: November 12, 2011, 08:37:40 am »

I listened to some old-school Heart today.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1265 on: November 12, 2011, 01:33:04 pm »

I listened to some old-school Heart today.

Ann Wilson is a great singer.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1266 on: November 12, 2011, 09:19:34 pm »

Maybe Cameron Crowe told her about you. Didn't you go to Ridgemont high?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1267 on: November 14, 2011, 02:22:08 am »

The new Circuit des Yeux album. I particularly like this song.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1268 on: November 15, 2011, 05:16:27 am »

Lately I think a lot about the way I thought about music towards the end of high school. There was definitely a point where I thought, like, "OK, that's it."
I felt like I had hit a wall. I could never find things I wanted to listen to... I wanted more 80s indie music and 60s garage rock and classic punk and I didn't even know where to look. I basically decided there must be a lot more, but it was all mediocre. Obviously I had heard the greatest hits.

Nowadays there are so many weird tiny blogs that post full downloads of albums or tracks. Now the feeling is more that my lifetime cannot possibly be long enough just to hear all the awesome 60s garage rock out there, nevermind the old folk music, classic country, 80s and 90s indie bands, obscure punk bands with 1 single...

This, for example. I found this weird blog that posts psychedelia and psych-influenced indie rock, and it's like... dozens and dozens of albums I have never heard of. All of them easily available to download. I also got some japanese noise stuff, tons of tropicalia... yikes. So much music.

I have 32 days worth of unplayed music on my iTunes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1269 on: November 15, 2011, 05:26:00 am »

I know they are the well known ones but os mutantes and Tom ze are incredible.  So is caetano veloso's first(?)(it has him with like a pink background)  also, the first album that is just called tropicalia and has everyone on it.


On iPhone sorry.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1270 on: November 15, 2011, 06:09:53 am »

yeah, I had Os Mutantes and Caetano Veloso. Now I got some Ze and that compilation.

Caetano Veloso has a million albums and once I listened to all of them. I think I particularly liked Joia and A Little More Blue. (other than Tropicalia, the obvious one)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1271 on: November 15, 2011, 05:39:39 pm »

I wish OWS people would bring back songs like this.


Or just, you know, Woody Guthrie.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1272 on: November 16, 2011, 04:07:19 am »

I found this weird blog that posts psychedelia and psych-influenced indie rock

This sounds great. Do you mind sharing the link?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1273 on: November 16, 2011, 04:32:35 am »

I downloaded almost everything from this blog. They have not updated since the day I did that, so maybe I downloaded so much that they got shut down for being illegal.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1274 on: November 20, 2011, 06:48:35 pm »

I already have so much fuck*ng music I will never listen to, and I don't listen to as much music as I used to. I can't listen to music at work like I used to (because now I have to concentrate and shit) so I will never catch up.

Lately I have been listening to myself play Electric Funeral. This is the first song I can really play basically the whole thing. I really like the guy who is teaching me guitar, because he shows up and asks me what I've been doing, and I sheepishly start playing this song, and he shows me how I'm not quite playing it right, then he shows me the rest of it, and then he shows me the bass line (and has me play that as he cranks the guitar up to like 4 on the Marshall which is excessive and fun) and then he show my wife how to play the drums for it later. And he can do this for pretty much every song I listened to in high school.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 190   Go Up