Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379447 times)

0 Members and 57 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1335 on: December 06, 2011, 04:00:46 am »

Just starting to look at the artists and so psyched.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1336 on: December 06, 2011, 10:14:16 pm »

The Fluxblog 2011 Survey is in!

Oh Lordy!  This is exactly what I needed!  I bought like 6 albums tops that came out this year and listened to 5.  Only one of those was by people whose stuff I wasn't already familiar with from ye olden days.  That was the Anna Calvi album, and it is magnificent.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1337 on: December 06, 2011, 11:06:07 pm »

The 2010 one is still available.  You should definitely grab that one while you are at it.  I've been listening to it all year long.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1338 on: December 07, 2011, 02:44:50 am »

I think I have done some sort of full-circle thing, hipsterism wise, because even the bands that I like on that list, I have not heard their new albums. There are 3 or 4 songs on there that I have heard. One of which is Azealia Banks' 212, which i would find super annoying if it weren't for the fact that I love watching a black woman's mouth move while she talks.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1339 on: December 07, 2011, 01:29:45 pm »

The Fluxblog 2011 Survey is in!

That is so much stuff that it seems more intimidating than fun.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1340 on: December 09, 2011, 01:44:21 am »

I think I have done some sort of full-circle thing, hipsterism wise, because even the bands that I like on that list, I have not heard their new albums. There are 3 or 4 songs on there that I have heard. One of which is Azealia Banks' 212, which i would find super annoying if it weren't for the fact that I love watching a black woman's mouth move while she talks.

She's super attractive.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1341 on: December 09, 2011, 03:20:48 am »

I fell into a pit that is comprised entirely of the Gary Numan albums "Replicas" and "Pleasure Principle"
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1342 on: December 13, 2011, 06:58:40 am »

Black Keys - El Camino
Just over and over again.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1343 on: December 13, 2011, 09:19:14 am »

See, unlike everywhere else, I sort of LIKE the idea of my rock heroes being kinda assholey.

Under what other logic could I both Robert Fripp and Axl Rose a whole lot? They are basically polar opposites inside the idea of being a rock and roll person except that they seem like heroically awesomely kind of assholes about some things.

Yeah this keep popping up and I don't get it.  Onstad especially kept implying that Robert Fripp is probably an asshole but I don't see it at all.  He may be an obvious perfectionist, but how uptight can you be if you're letting Belew do a solo of elephant noises, and your breakthrough album has like 10 minutes of an ambient noise jam.  You have to be pretty loose personality-wise in some aspects, I would think.

I would bet strongly that Fripp is actually a nice dude.  "[He makes the hardest chord possible in pictures.]"  Shut up Onstad, he's pretty humble.  And he doesn't even play many chords you dummy.
Logged
ACHIEVE

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1344 on: December 13, 2011, 09:23:06 am »

Music-wise he has always let the band members he's chosen strongly influence KC's music.  With KC it has never seemed to me like he was a band-leader authoritarian.

His solo album was REAL garbage though, don't ever bother listening to it and just pretend it doesn't exist.  Really, don't.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1345 on: December 14, 2011, 02:56:58 pm »

Black Keys - El Camino
Just over and over again.

Indeed, this rocks pretty hard.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1346 on: December 14, 2011, 04:59:15 pm »

Black Keys - El Camino
Just over and over again.

Hey, what do you know, this shows up on the fluxblog 2011 survey.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1347 on: December 21, 2011, 11:50:30 am »

I've been listening to Mew a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnP81ckrWq4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXs2V8pgMz8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQWBhyShSWs

Also Yonderboy (yeah they look kinda Backpfeifengesicht-y but they actually rock)

http://www.myspace.com/yonderboymusic
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:06:56 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1348 on: December 21, 2011, 05:51:00 pm »

Ah yes, Mew.  I learned about them via a mixdisc I got from a TOUAMB swap.  It came from Starlight.  I wish she would come back, if only to curate another mixdisc.  Ha ha.

I remember her mix had 3 Mew cuts.

Specifically...

156:
http://youtu.be/jFjKALF454g

Her Voice is Beyond Her Years:
http://youtu.be/Giwdyk8sqA8

Comforting Sounds:
http://youtu.be/DnAt0xpO2HU
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1349 on: December 21, 2011, 06:19:52 pm »

What Paul said.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 190   Go Up