Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380332 times)

0 Members and 56 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1365 on: December 28, 2011, 07:11:38 pm »

I am listening to 1000 Times Yes's 2011 mixes.

I am a huge fan of the categories of the 3 discs, mostly. Anyone who puts Britney Spears next to Thee Oh Sees has a broad enough appreciation of music that I will pay attention to them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1366 on: December 28, 2011, 10:13:56 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1367 on: December 29, 2011, 05:49:20 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1368 on: December 29, 2011, 05:50:07 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1369 on: December 29, 2011, 07:10:37 am »

OK, the aforementioned mix is ready for download. Previous years' still available as well

ftp.bigfool.com
user name: bigfoo_guest
password: R0X0rz!

And I didn't overlook this either. 

Is it perverse that I am downloading these best of 2011 mixapes while listening to an album from 1973?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1370 on: December 30, 2011, 03:23:05 am »

Depends on the album. It isn't Piano Man, is it?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1371 on: December 30, 2011, 04:53:01 am »

Depends on the album. It isn't Piano Man, is it?

Ha ha, no.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1372 on: December 30, 2011, 07:31:25 am »

I am listening to 1000 Times Yes's 2011 mixes.

I am a huge fan of the categories of the 3 discs, mostly. Anyone who puts Britney Spears next to Thee Oh Sees has a broad enough appreciation of music that I will pay attention to them.

There's some crossover from this to the Fluxblog mix.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1373 on: December 30, 2011, 08:36:45 am »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1374 on: December 30, 2011, 11:59:32 am »

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1375 on: December 31, 2011, 01:40:47 am »

Nice. My serious guess was Queen.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1376 on: December 31, 2011, 03:22:30 am »

Nice. My serious guess was Queen.

Queen's first album came out in '73.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1377 on: December 31, 2011, 06:52:14 am »

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is a perfectly cromulent album. Were you listening to it on vinyl? I wish I still had my vinyl of that.

I'm listening to some live Wilco (Handshake Drugs, Dallas) currently. Thanks, Paul!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1378 on: December 31, 2011, 09:25:35 am »

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is a perfectly cromulent album. Were you listening to it on vinyl? I wish I still had my vinyl of that.

I'm listening to some live Wilco (Handshake Drugs, Dallas) currently. Thanks, Paul!

No, no vinyl.  I've got it on vinyl, but the vinyl is in the storage room with my knicknacks.  I'm slowly retrieving that stuff so I'll have it here eventually.  But I gave my turntable away some years ago so I'm gonna have to invest in a new one when I ultimately get my super swank music room built.  One of these days.

I forgot I sent you that Wilco.  It's totally bad ass.  I just picked up Wilco's session over at Daytrotter.  It's pretty darn great too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1379 on: January 01, 2012, 01:13:49 am »

I have all the Wilco on a playlist with Whiskeytown and Cracker and Cowboy Junkies and stuff like that. It drives my co-workers nuts.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 190   Go Up