Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380815 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1410 on: January 11, 2012, 02:44:24 am »

I'm used to most people I interact with not liking or knowing anything about some of my favorite bands/musicians, but I'm always a bit disturbed and maybe even a little heartbroken when I find out someone hates Creedence. I mean, I knew you hate Lou Reed, and I get that, but Creedence?

My only problem with Creedence is that I've heard them so much over the course of my life that I am numb to them.  But damn, I really don't know how it's possible to hate Creedence.

You gotta Keep on Chooglin'.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1411 on: January 11, 2012, 03:19:42 am »

Too much fuckin' chooglin'. Jesus that shit is exhausting. Doo doo doo indeed.

I'm listening to Shirley Horn, Ella Fitzgerald, Blossom Dearie, Billie Holliday, etc.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1412 on: January 11, 2012, 02:12:37 pm »

Blossom Dearie,

This is about the extent of my exposure to Blossom Dearie, but I've always had an interest.  Suggestions?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1413 on: January 11, 2012, 09:02:44 pm »

I completely forgot about that. I found her on the soundtrack to Kissing Jessica Stein, and went from there. It's all pretty good, but My Gentleman Friend might be a good starting point. I'll link I Wish You Love, because I can't find anything from the album I mentioned.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1415 on: January 15, 2012, 04:46:25 pm »

I turned the "70's Hits" channel on Directv on, which is Sirius or XM or whatever the fuck it is now.  The song playing was "Moonlight Feels Right" by Starbuck.  My immediate impression was "My God, in the cheesiest of decades, this song stands out for cheesiness."  Then we reached  the marimba solo.

Damn!  That's a hell of a solo for any instrument, much less one you play with hammers.  I wonder where that guy and his jumpsuit are now.  Thank you, Marimba Guy, for showing me there's great beauty to be found even in the midst of hella cheesiness.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1416 on: January 18, 2012, 03:52:09 pm »

fuck off and die-darkthrone
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1417 on: January 18, 2012, 04:13:23 pm »

I sure do like this band Tennis, based on what I've heard so far.
Oirigns
Seafarer
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1418 on: January 18, 2012, 08:36:23 pm »

This is about the extent of my exposure to Blossom Dearie, but I've always had an interest.  Suggestions?

That was beautiful and so nostalgic.  Do you oldtimers remember when they showed barrel jumping on Wide World of Sports?  I used to love watching barrel jumping.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1419 on: January 20, 2012, 08:16:40 am »

shekere(live)-diego paulo
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:52:59 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1420 on: January 20, 2012, 02:21:28 pm »

That was beautiful and so nostalgic.  Do you oldtimers remember when they showed barrel jumping on Wide World of Sports?  I used to love watching barrel jumping.

Oh hell yeah.  Why do we have ESPNs through The Ocho but somehow they don't manage to capture the same variety of sports that Wide World of Sports did in two hours a week?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1421 on: January 20, 2012, 02:45:12 pm »

That's a good goddamn question.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1422 on: January 20, 2012, 05:26:45 pm »

Oh hell yeah.  Why do we have ESPNs through The Ocho but somehow they don't manage to capture the same variety of sports that Wide World of Sports did in two hours a week?

Two hours a week? Sports Machine, bitches.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1423 on: January 20, 2012, 06:02:37 pm »

I am listening to J5.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1424 on: January 20, 2012, 06:06:39 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 190   Go Up