Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381180 times)

0 Members and 59 Guests are viewing this topic.

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1425 on: January 20, 2012, 08:00:02 pm »

Well I don't care 'bout the clothes you wear
It's the size of your heart, not the length of your hair
Don't make no difference to me, the color that you be
Black, white or brown, it's all the same to me


IT'S A SUICIDAL FRIDAY

That band always makes me nostalgic.  I grew up in Southern California and until I moved overseas I always sort of lazily thought that we didn't have any local culture.  Sometimes you have to go away to see the forest for the trees.  Similarly, Social Distortion, The Vandals, Oingo Boingo, etc. make me feel nostalgic, but Suicidal Tendencies had the whole palette right there - The Vision painter's caps, the skateboading, the vatos, the street gang thing.  Now, looking back, I think that Southern California had a pretty rich culture during the days I was growing up in.

Pretty typical expatriate sentiments, I guess.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1426 on: January 20, 2012, 10:35:43 pm »

But nonetheless true. I've whip-dogged a few folk for not respecting that point.

Some of these you make up right on the spot, right?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1427 on: January 20, 2012, 10:58:37 pm »

Etta James, of course.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1428 on: January 21, 2012, 08:03:40 pm »

I'm listening to James Brown Mother Popcorn (again) because it's got to be funky, but I went looking for it and found James Brown and Sammy Davis Jr., which is pretty good too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1429 on: January 26, 2012, 03:54:55 am »

Did I never mention Grace Potter and the Nocturnals? Seriously, I would do anything that woman asked.

There are a few parts in that song where she sounds sort of like Merry Clayton during that terrifying portion of Gimme Shelter that I've discussed in the past.

I really like being able to link to specific parts of youtube videos.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:59:30 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1430 on: January 26, 2012, 06:23:48 am »

Did I never mention Grace Potter and the Nocturnals? Seriously, I would do anything that woman asked.

Yeah, that's hot.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1431 on: January 26, 2012, 06:33:48 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1432 on: January 26, 2012, 03:09:24 pm »

I love Florence + The Machine.  What a voice.

I spend a huge portion of my Saturday creating a new playlist of about 130 songs for my morning runs, and included a bunch of really fantastic, sometimes cheesey additions.  Listening to "Eye of the Tiger," "Whomp (There it is)" and "I Like Big Butts" while running puts a nice big silly grin on my face.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1433 on: January 26, 2012, 05:11:20 pm »

Working out to Eye of the Tiger is cheesy if you are lady who bares no resemblance what so ever to a young Sylvester Stalone.  And if all you are doing is running on a stationary elliptical machine.  Come on, I am doing the opposite of what a fighter would do to train.  That's what makes it super silly.  The actions, not the song itself. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1434 on: January 26, 2012, 06:08:44 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1435 on: January 27, 2012, 01:22:26 am »

I like 400 Bucks.

I once saw The Rev in Vegas. He was supposed to play with Nashville Pussy and Hank 3. So NP played, and then the Rev, and then he tells us that Hank didn't show and he was really sorry, but that they did have a special guest. Then Lemmy came out and did like ten songs with the Rev backing him up. That was solid. It was even better because some idiot kept yelling "Ace of Spades" (not me) and Lemmy finally said "I ain't playing fookin' Ace of Spades". He did play a couple of Sex Pistols songs, though.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1436 on: January 27, 2012, 10:06:20 pm »

It's weird how I will go a couple of months thinking "Dang, I need some good new music and I can't find jack shit." Then suddenly I will have more good new stuff than I know what to do with.

Such as Sharon Van Etten.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1437 on: January 28, 2012, 02:44:57 am »

lets have a war-from autumn to ashes(cover of an old fear song)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1438 on: January 28, 2012, 06:24:06 am »

lets have a war-from autumn to ashes(cover of an old fear song)

Oh fuck is that ever a good song. Again, I am trashed.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1439 on: January 28, 2012, 10:33:07 am »

Oh fuck is that ever a good song. Again, I am trashed.

abloobloobloo!  you only love my songs when youre drunk!  this friendship is over!

heh, no yeah, it gets you way pumped.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 190   Go Up