Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379760 times)

0 Members and 55 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1440 on: February 03, 2012, 04:30:52 am »

mean ol' wind died down-north mississippi allstars
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1441 on: February 03, 2012, 06:02:15 am »

I went to see N. Miss. All Stars play and they jammed so fuck*ng hard.  It blew me away.  So I went to buy their record and I was so disappointed.  It was all pretty mellow, kinda like this track.

Not that this is a bad track, but I haven't heard any of their stuff that comes even close to the intensity of their live show.

If they haven't already, they need to put out a live album.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1442 on: February 08, 2012, 03:49:52 am »

The only New Year's thing I am working towards is learning this song. It is really really hard for me to play. Damn, fingerstyle is rough. But listening to it over and over only makes me want to learn it more.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1443 on: February 08, 2012, 04:51:26 am »

The only New Year's thing I am working towards is learning this song. It is really really hard for me to play. Damn, fingerstyle is rough. But listening to it over and over only makes me want to learn it more.

What has helped me recently is focusing more on the rhythm of my fingers and worrying less about them striking the correct strings.  Once I get in the groove the precision seems to flow from that naturally.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1444 on: February 08, 2012, 05:39:37 am »

That is what my friend says. He has been playing since he was like 15, and is at the point where he can just do whatever without thinking about it. He says he just sat there doing an alternating bassline for hours and hours until he didn't have to pay attention to that part.

My impulse is definitely just to try to play it correctly at like 6 bpm. Which isn't working so far.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:45:22 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1445 on: February 08, 2012, 03:51:38 pm »

We're learning this. Unfortunately, in that one Tom Petty appears to have some sort of allergies or nasal infection.

This is a much better version. Plus it shows the bass player.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1446 on: February 08, 2012, 09:50:12 pm »

We're learning this. Unfortunately, in that one Tom Petty appears to have some sort of allergies or nasal infection.

This is a much better version. Plus it shows the bass player.

At first I thought you were talking about how the crowd was singing for him, but then I thought you were making a joke about how he kept rubbing his nose, insinuating he was on cocaine.  Then I realized he has a  naturally nasally voice and always sounds like he has allergies.  What I'm trying to say is I have no idea what you are getting at.

Anywho... I had to watch this to see if he still does that head shaking freakout 15 years later.  Apparently he's going in another direction these days.

That song doesn't lend itself well to an extended jam.  there's not enough meat on the bones.  It get's real boring after about 3 minutes.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1447 on: February 09, 2012, 12:52:44 am »

quesadilla-walk the moon

what is this i dont even

this song is really good and exactly what i wanted to hear.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1448 on: February 09, 2012, 04:36:23 pm »

Oh Paul, he is clearly coked straight to the gills.

Also, I never noticed how much he looks like John Elway.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1449 on: February 09, 2012, 09:06:12 pm »

Slanted and Enchanted!  Ahh yeah.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1450 on: February 14, 2012, 03:30:09 am »

Hell yeah.

Also, science explains why I have had Midnight City on repeat for the last hour.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1451 on: February 14, 2012, 05:36:05 am »

The Osmond Brothers full on Rockin' Out!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1452 on: February 14, 2012, 12:30:22 pm »

The Osmond Brothers full on Rockin' Out!

that is the hot stanky shit.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1453 on: February 14, 2012, 03:44:34 pm »

The Osmond Brothers full on Rockin' Out!

Man I loved that song when I was 8.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1454 on: February 14, 2012, 05:15:27 pm »

This pretty much rules.  I think I'm gonna go see them tonight after the St. Jack's Party.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 190   Go Up