Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379814 times)

0 Members and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1455 on: February 15, 2012, 07:27:40 am »

Apparently they played Pinball Wizard while I was parking the car.  Didn't hear Lithium.  We were about a half hour late.  They ended the show with Something in the Air.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1456 on: February 16, 2012, 03:09:13 am »

This pretty much rules.  I think I'm gonna go see them tonight after the St. Jack's Party.

I loved everything about that except the main guy. I'm an asshole, and I own that, but that guy bugged the shit out of me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1457 on: February 16, 2012, 03:44:57 am »

I loved everything about that except the main guy. I'm an asshole, and I own that, but that guy bugged the shit out of me.

I kinda agree with you.  I love the idea of Polyphonic Spree a lot more than I actually love Polyphonic Spree.  They could be so much better if that dude was only a better songwriter.  They totally punish on the covers though.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1458 on: February 19, 2012, 11:40:39 am »

I Am Woman. What?

I randomly found it linked here. Oh, now what?

Also, More Today Than Yesterday.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1459 on: February 19, 2012, 11:45:37 am »

This weekend I wanted to see The Artist but I got talked into the seeing Attack the Block instead.
That worked out pretty well.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1460 on: February 20, 2012, 07:09:41 am »

I Am Woman. What?

I randomly found it linked here. Oh, now what?

Also, More Today Than Yesterday.

That's some jam ther.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1461 on: February 20, 2012, 07:33:14 am »

I, of course, am listening to DK today.

Research note:
Quote from: wiki
In the late 1960s, Klaus Flouride played in the band Magic Terry & The Universe, which included 1980s rock singer Billy Squier.

Did I know that? It seems like I couldn't have, but also like I did. Upon more research, they toured on a bill with Ten Years After. Look at these crazy shows!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1462 on: February 20, 2012, 08:23:35 am »

In January 1970, the MC5 opened for The Staple Singers!

Btw, I had no idea at all that Klaus Flouride went back as far as that.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1463 on: February 20, 2012, 08:30:41 am »

This weekend I wanted to see The Artist but I got talked into the seeing Attack the Block instead.
That worked out pretty well.

Damnit, this was entirely in the wrong thread.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1464 on: February 20, 2012, 09:11:58 am »

Well, since you actually went to a movie you could listen to, like, it kinda fits actually.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1465 on: February 20, 2012, 09:45:42 am »

Damnit, this was entirely in the wrong thread.

Attack the Block was featured prominently in the link I posted so I just thought "Hey, Doc clicks my links". I'll go back to thinking everyone skips them.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1466 on: February 20, 2012, 10:09:49 am »

darling nikki-prince

what a big little freaky sumbitch
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1467 on: February 20, 2012, 11:19:37 am »

darling nikki-prince

what a big little freaky sumbitch

I love me some Prince.

And then these crazy motherfuckers try it. It looks like there's a real camera recording this show. I'd like to see that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1468 on: February 20, 2012, 02:14:02 pm »

I love me some Prince.

And then these crazy motherfuckers try it. It looks like there's a real camera recording this show. I'd like to see that.

FF just released a limited pressing vinyl album* of covers called "medium rare" and that song is on it. (the structure of that sentence is kinda dogshit, but you catch what im throwing)

*is that redundant?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1469 on: February 20, 2012, 02:28:30 pm »

I've only heard the Foo Fighters version of Darling Nikki. It got a lot of radio play in like 2000.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 190   Go Up