Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379477 times)

0 Members and 57 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1470 on: February 20, 2012, 08:22:26 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1471 on: February 21, 2012, 01:46:05 am »

Holy shit!  Dirty John's Hot Dog!

I don't quite know how to put this, but when I was reading that list I was thinking "I wish I was reading this with Paul".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1472 on: February 21, 2012, 03:07:40 am »

Lots of Nas and Raekwon. Trying to get someone to recommend me some blogs to read to learn about modern hip hop. I think I am supposed to listen to Mix Tapes? What is the good mix tape right now?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1473 on: February 21, 2012, 04:22:37 am »

Reelin' in the Years off the Old Grey Whistle Test. Skunk appears to forget what band he's in toward the end there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1474 on: February 21, 2012, 06:00:24 am »

Reelin' in the Years off the Old Grey Whistle Test. Skunk appears to forget what band he's in toward the end there.

Wow, that was kick ass.  I haven't seen that before. The video title says 1978, but David Palmer was in the band so it had to be 1972-3.

And Nabu, I would love to peruse an old concert list with you.  Ha!  Let's do that sometime.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1475 on: February 21, 2012, 09:01:27 am »

Wow, that was kick ass.  I haven't seen that before. The video title says 1978, but David Palmer was in the band so it had to be 1972-3.

And Nabu, I would love to peruse an old concert list with you.  Ha!  Let's do that sometime.

We need to do something sometime, that's for sure. I don't think the DC/VA/Atlantic Seaboard trip is going to happen until at least this fall (Hawaii first).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1476 on: February 21, 2012, 02:56:12 pm »

We need to do something sometime, that's for sure. I don't think the DC/VA/Atlantic Seaboard trip is going to happen until at least this fall (Hawaii first).

BOO TO THAT
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1477 on: February 21, 2012, 04:39:24 pm »

Hey, I'm not made of glavin, y'know.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1478 on: February 22, 2012, 07:18:53 am »

I've posted Mother Popcorn several times, but today I'm just listening to plain Popcorn (although it wasn't that version, until I went searching).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1479 on: February 22, 2012, 08:40:06 am »

Jesus the internet. I was listening to "Hot Child in the City", by Vancouverite Nick Gilder.

Who was in the band Sweeney Todd before his solo career.

Whose second album featured a 15-year-old Bryan Adams.

Also, Gilder co-wrote Scandal's "The Warrior".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1480 on: February 22, 2012, 09:22:41 am »

Jesus the internet. I was listening to "Hot Child in the City", by Vancouverite Nick Gilder.

Who was in the band Sweeney Todd before his solo career.

Whose second album featured a 15-year-old Bryan Adams.

Also, Gilder co-wrote Scandal's "The Warrior".

only two more connections and you get kevin bacon.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1481 on: February 22, 2012, 09:27:27 am »

Seriously, I have to stop with the internet. Bryan Adams playing Young Lust at the Berlin Wall? That really happened? Why? And then Sinéad* and Roger Waters, backed up by The Band, playing Mother? I don't know if I missed this because I was on acid then, or I'm on acid now.

Good on Snowy White, though.

*I'm always surprised to forget and then remember how beautiful she is.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1482 on: February 22, 2012, 10:39:55 am »

Ok folks, one more tune and then we can all go home. Here's another Canadian product: The Little Guitar Army.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1483 on: February 22, 2012, 10:59:36 am »

Ok folks, one more tune and then we can all go home. Here's another Canadian product: The Little Guitar Army.

ROCK!  also, the big hairy dude looks like he's playing a child-sized guitar.

also, unrelated:

the fox(live)-nickelcreek
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1484 on: February 22, 2012, 12:09:45 pm »

Love them. Throwin' down Subterranean Homesick Blues all up in. For some ridiculous reason I did not see them (ok, the one dude or whatever) play the show in PDX with the guy from Toad the Wet Sprocket and John Paul Jones. I think because I am dumb.

Also, it's not relevant but those are some beautiful people right there. I kind of like my musicians to be craggly, like Iggy Pop.

Also also, it turns out it was indeed all three of them on that tour.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 190   Go Up