Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379444 times)

0 Members and 57 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1500 on: February 23, 2012, 04:02:19 am »

Yeah, the bald head . . . to me, that has zero impact. When she was younger, I think the bald head might have even contributed to the ethereal quality of her beauty. She's still beautiful today. Here she is trying to hack her way through a song she doesn't quite remember. It's awesome.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1501 on: February 23, 2012, 04:38:59 am »

A whole phalanx of guitars could be interesting if done right.  But a whole phalanx of guitars playing exactly the same notes is not that.

They should try something like this so all of those guitars have something to do.

Did you . . . um . . . did you say something about too many fuck*ng guitars?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1502 on: February 23, 2012, 05:15:42 am »

Did you . . . um . . . did you say something about too many fuck*ng guitars?

No, I did not.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1503 on: February 23, 2012, 05:18:22 am »

Well, that's too bad, because that's definitely what you just got.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1504 on: February 23, 2012, 06:25:28 am »

This is catchy, if not particularly empathetic.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1505 on: February 23, 2012, 12:39:40 pm »

conquest-patti page

(i dig the white stripes cover, too.)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1506 on: February 23, 2012, 04:23:55 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1507 on: February 24, 2012, 12:19:09 am »

I had no idea that was a cover.

i am proud to have stumped one of the music encyclopedias of the group. 
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1508 on: February 24, 2012, 03:59:50 am »

Champagne and Reefer, Muddy Waters and the Stones.

From that video, I bet Tom Jones doesn't have this happen.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1509 on: February 24, 2012, 07:08:15 am »

Meet me at the bottom, bring me my running shoes. I come out the window, don't have no time to lose.

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Unless he asks you to everyone is cool with it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:14:16 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1510 on: February 25, 2012, 01:52:10 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1512 on: February 26, 2012, 04:56:30 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-jZvpnGLqc
Never heard that before. Which one of those guys are you?

Tonight though, this, with an awesome girl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOtgoGAWtKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJlQ_l9IV7Y
That shit is delicious.

31 Spindrift videos? Don't mind if I do - might keep this evening from going to shit.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:04:25 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1513 on: February 28, 2012, 10:36:03 am »

Seriously, that Spindrift is the shit. I think I'm going to try to ape a bit of La Noche Mas Oscura when I'm home. How hard could it be.

I guess right now I'm listening to Phil Lynott and the Greedy Bastards (Steve Jones, Gary Moore, Paul Cook, Brian Downey, Chris Spedding, and Jimmy Bain) cover Stevie Wonder. I wish it was a better recording. I also wish I had more of their stuff.

Also, Thin Lizzy cover Stevie.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1514 on: February 28, 2012, 12:27:05 pm »

i believe i can fly-me first and the gimme gimmes
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 190   Go Up