Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381852 times)

0 Members and 74 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1515 on: February 28, 2012, 10:58:21 pm »

PAT BENATAR TUESDAY MY MIGGROIDS!

The world can not have enough Pat Benatar.

she has the voice of an angel that kicks your ass.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1516 on: February 29, 2012, 09:39:24 pm »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1517 on: February 29, 2012, 10:31:48 pm »

Lots of Wilco.

My Wilco jag started when I happened upon this awesome recording of Muzzle of Bees. Next I found this great video of Art of Almost from their new album.  Watch out, it starts out like an electronic tweakfest, but turns into a guitar freakout on the back end.  Woah!  That progressed to this rendition of Handshake Drugs from the same program. I love how this song starts like a middle of the road rocker and they are just blazing by the time they are finished. After that I looked up this video of their performance on Austin City Limits back in 2004.  I actually have the audio tracks from this performance, but I've never seen the video.

Since then I've cued them up on my itunes and have been listening to them pretty much non stop for the past two days.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1518 on: February 29, 2012, 11:49:55 pm »

Man, Sunken Treasure and Misunderstood still have me listening to Wilco (not to mention Summerteeth and all those classics on their first.)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1520 on: March 01, 2012, 12:43:44 pm »

Jazz-women.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1521 on: March 01, 2012, 09:13:38 pm »

I've had Raspberries in my head all afternoon.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1522 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:28 pm »

Robert Cray is right next door to me with his still hot smoking gun and I bet his problems ain't about nothing but a woman.

There's a dude I've always thought should be much, MUCH more popular than he is. There's no accounting for the tastes of the American public, I guess.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1523 on: March 02, 2012, 02:02:09 am »

There's a dude I've always thought should be much, MUCH more popular than he is. There's no accounting for the tastes of the American public, I guess.

He's about as popular as an artist can get playing retro music.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1524 on: March 02, 2012, 02:25:15 am »

I've had Raspberries in my head all afternoon.

Thanks for the Raspberries fix. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1525 on: March 02, 2012, 03:19:54 am »

bound for the floor-local h

some teenage nostalgia for all us youngbucks up ins.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1526 on: March 02, 2012, 06:25:15 pm »

I accidentally listened to String Cheese Incident.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1527 on: March 03, 2012, 05:58:09 am »

I'd so much rather listen to Robert Cray than Eric Clapton.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1528 on: March 05, 2012, 09:47:30 pm »

How did this become a day for these Milwaukee dudes?

I don't know but I can add it up just fine.

the drummer plays standing up?  that is the shit on toast, mang!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1529 on: March 06, 2012, 12:43:40 am »

the drummer plays standing up?  that is the shit on toast, mang!

I don't like the stand up drummer.  It ain't natural.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 190   Go Up