Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381505 times)

0 Members and 55 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1530 on: March 07, 2012, 04:38:54 pm »

I don't like the stand up drummer.  It ain't natural.

I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1531 on: March 07, 2012, 04:46:19 pm »

more unnatural stand-up drumming:

freaks-os catalepticos
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1532 on: March 07, 2012, 05:22:01 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1533 on: March 07, 2012, 05:25:49 pm »

Southern Culture on the Skids!

i never really went out of my way to hear these guys and im sorry now.  im definitely going to do more research.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1534 on: March 07, 2012, 05:38:00 pm »

I can't stop listening to this joint. What is this? It feels like an intermediate stop between Buck Owens/Merle Haggard and... the Eagles or something?

Who else plays this awesome Country-Rock eeasy breazy stuff? Flying Burrito Bros are not quite it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1535 on: March 07, 2012, 05:42:55 pm »

You are familiar with Uncle Tupelo, then, right?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1536 on: March 07, 2012, 06:04:51 pm »

I bought one of their albums and really don't like it. I like their acoustic stuff, but when the "alternative" guitars kick in I turn it off. I will check out their later stuff maybe.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1537 on: March 07, 2012, 06:17:35 pm »

I can't stop listening to this joint. What is this? It feels like an intermediate stop between Buck Owens/Merle Haggard and... the Eagles or something?

Who else plays this awesome Country-Rock eeasy breazy stuff? Flying Burrito Bros are not quite it.

Like this or this or this?

Can't think of anybody.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1538 on: March 07, 2012, 08:09:11 pm »

Like this or this or this?

Can't think of anybody.

Heh heh. Give that man a can!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1539 on: March 07, 2012, 09:31:34 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1540 on: March 08, 2012, 02:33:05 am »

I can't stop listening to this joint. What is this? It feels like an intermediate stop between Buck Owens/Merle Haggard and... the Eagles or something?

Who else plays this awesome Country-Rock eeasy breazy stuff? Flying Burrito Bros are not quite it.

Oh shit! I thought I was the only one who loved that song! It was like my secret Neil Young classic. I even have a scene for a movie that doesn't have a plot or any characters but that features that song vividly constructed in my mind.

So it's not really what you're going for but now that you have me thinking about Neil Young, this is another one I love that I don't hear most fans talk about. And also a lot of the stuff from On the Beach, but I think I remember LFM saying he is a big fan of that album. I'll get on a kick where I'll listen to Ambulance Blues on repeat for two hours straight without even noticing it. Also, Motion Pictures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdT07UdqsX0
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1541 on: March 08, 2012, 05:26:34 am »

now that you have me thinking about Neil Young, this is another one I love that I don't hear most fans talk about.

I love that song so much.  If we're on the subject of under appreciated Neil Young songs try this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1542 on: March 08, 2012, 06:10:19 am »

I even have a scene for a movie that doesn't have a plot or any characters but that features that song vividly constructed in my mind.

so, like a video?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1543 on: March 08, 2012, 05:09:12 pm »

Bought a mess of CDs (yes, CDs!) the other day, all new in packaging, all $5. That is now my price point for CDs. Wow.

I've always run down the Black Crowes because their best song is an Otis Redding cover. Of course, it now occurs to me that most bands, if they did an Otis Redding cover that didn't suck, that would be their best song. I'm slow sometimes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1544 on: March 08, 2012, 05:14:34 pm »

I dig the Black Crowes.  Their best album is their second one, Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.  Sure, they rip off Exile era Stones wholesale, but they are really good at it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 190   Go Up