Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380555 times)

0 Members and 64 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1635 on: March 23, 2012, 08:09:23 pm »

Speaking of that, what's the opposite of a senseless drug overdose? Is there such a thing as a sensible one? I don't know if that would be an OD that a horribly reprehensible person had or an OD on Mylanta or something.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1636 on: March 23, 2012, 08:48:19 pm »

Ok, I know I've been monopolizing this thread a bit, but Hawkwind, Sonic Attack. People took shit seriously back then.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1637 on: March 24, 2012, 01:55:14 pm »

Does anybody up in this piece read Christgau?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1638 on: March 24, 2012, 08:59:43 pm »

Does anybody up in this piece read Christgau?

I think I used to many years ago.  Didn't he write for Rolling Stone?  It's been a long time.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1639 on: March 24, 2012, 09:59:33 pm »

I think I used to many years ago.  Didn't he write for Rolling Stone?  It's been a long time.

He wrote for pretty much everybody. Jesus that guy's a dick.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1640 on: March 25, 2012, 02:16:19 am »

Does anybody up in this piece read Christgau?

Not particularly, but I thought of him the other day. He interviewed me for this article, but I didn't make the final copy.
http://www.robertchristgau.com/xg/rock/cmj-91.php
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1641 on: March 26, 2012, 05:55:55 am »

Everyone should email sunnyaliandthekid@gmail.com and ask for their new album, then listen to the track redrum.  It is fuck*ng sick.

Only one track is on youtube and they give you their shit for free, so I won't put it on, but here is a track from their new album:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjdsQ53r7Dc and here are their (the?) best two songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFGE7jV__zM

Actually, this might be their best:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zqlvtQutM

Also, all of their stuff is available for whatever you can give them/free on their bandcamp.  You only have to email for the most recent one.  Here is that:  http://sunnyaliandthekid.bandcamp.com/
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1642 on: March 26, 2012, 02:54:53 pm »

Did I mention I inflicted Ween on my office-mate for like four days?

"What the fuck is this shit?"

"Same band that played that country song you liked so much."
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1643 on: March 26, 2012, 03:03:41 pm »

"its gonna be a long night" would be my favorite ween song.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1644 on: March 26, 2012, 05:38:25 pm »

This Ween song is one of the best weird-ass songs ever.

Did you know: if Google is to be believed, four people have Flickr photos titled "Mister Won't You Please Help My Pony."  One of them is me.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1645 on: March 26, 2012, 10:01:29 pm »

You know that this is my favorite Ween song. Because it's clear Dean and Gene have listened to this song an awful lot.

Side note, my beautiful wife plays that Ween song every morning as she gets ready for work. Because she's just that fuck*ng cool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1646 on: March 27, 2012, 02:39:41 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tvJvh_87i4

I can't get enough of this ween song.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1647 on: April 01, 2012, 02:34:47 am »

I finally got around to checking out the most recent Kate Bush album, and it's good. But mostly it's just made me listen to this all the fuck*ng time.

And also because I think the Pogues were mentioned recently, I've been listening to this over and over in my car.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1648 on: April 02, 2012, 12:09:39 pm »

Kate Bush is a god-like genius, but I only listened to the new album once.  My reaction was that I might listen to it one more time, but I doubted I'd listen to it over and over again.  I still bought it, because she fits into that grouping of people I unconditionally support.

Maybe when I give it that second listen eventually, I'll want a third listen.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1649 on: April 02, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »

I file Kate Bush under more music from the 80s that doesn't do anything for me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 190   Go Up