Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380614 times)

0 Members and 70 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1680 on: April 06, 2012, 06:49:58 am »

I've been jamming to this Small Faces song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1681 on: April 06, 2012, 12:27:33 pm »

some hippie-assed live song by RHCP

IMO, the backing vocals leave a bit to be desired.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1682 on: April 10, 2012, 07:07:57 pm »

Tonight's the Night is todays jam.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1683 on: April 14, 2012, 08:48:53 pm »

This should probably go in the "shows I just saw" but what the fuck ever. I went to see Kathleen Edwards this time home. Highly fuck*ng recommended.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1684 on: April 16, 2012, 03:47:25 pm »

in honor of ian mackaye's 50th:

instrument-fugazi
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1685 on: April 16, 2012, 08:09:38 pm »

I just listened to a recording of my wife, her brother, and our friend playing some . . . I don't even know what you call it, but it's loud as fuck. It's awesome.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1686 on: April 17, 2012, 01:18:21 am »

in honor of ian mackaye's 50th:

instrument-fugazi

I owe you another can. You picked a song Ian actually sings from my favorite Fugazi album. And I totally didn't know it was his birthday let alone his 50th HOLY FUCK! Dude will rock eternally. Still holding out hope for a reunion.

My favorite Ian song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OswnWC5BGY0

From my second favorite Fugazi album.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1687 on: April 17, 2012, 02:16:53 am »

The Wikipedia entry for Fugazi says:
Quote
Fugazi has been on indefinite hiatus since 2003.

Sounds familiar...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1688 on: April 17, 2012, 02:20:24 am »

I ended up on Wikipedia after Googling "How to figure out how to like Fugazi." Not really but... ever since I moved to the DC area I hear about them all the time. The general consensus seems to be that if you don't like them, you don't know what is good. But every time I go try a little bit of a song, they are kind of, um, noisy and shouty and punk for me and I turn it off. Is there any hope for me?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1689 on: April 17, 2012, 03:30:15 am »

I totally understand why people don't like Fugazi. They are often noisy and shouty and even a little bit punk. If that ain't your thing then you're not going to like them.

But you may want to check out their last album The Argument, which has to be their least noisy and shouty. An example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajrCZJgwoh4
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1690 on: April 17, 2012, 04:14:43 am »

I enjoyed the Fugazi trip.  Thanks Miles and GKA!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1691 on: April 17, 2012, 11:35:16 am »

Dude will rock eternally.

self-righteousness is an amazing preservative.  ;)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1692 on: April 17, 2012, 03:12:33 pm »

self-righteousness is an amazing preservative.  ;)

ZING!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1693 on: April 17, 2012, 10:54:50 pm »

If'n anyone cares, here's a free Pixies EP download from Coachella '04 (alas, signup required).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1694 on: April 17, 2012, 11:31:44 pm »

The Band.  Just learned that Levon Helm is in the final stages of cancer.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 190   Go Up