Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379921 times)

0 Members and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1710 on: April 20, 2012, 06:16:41 am »

Yeah, that's fair. Mostly I was struck by the comment because I had just watched that video, and remembered how I was annoyed by some of Robbie's antics. As I said, I love the guy. The Band is one of my favorite bands, and I know he's the main songwriter.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1711 on: April 20, 2012, 12:54:46 pm »

I have a mild dislike for Robbie and I feel like it is pretty indefensible.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1712 on: April 21, 2012, 02:01:24 am »

no trust(live)-black keys
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1713 on: April 21, 2012, 06:18:16 am »

anybody don't like the black keys is fuckin wrong
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1714 on: April 21, 2012, 02:02:07 pm »

anybody don't like the black keys is fuckin wrong

Have to agree with this, wholeheartedly.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1715 on: April 21, 2012, 04:50:14 pm »

anybody don't like the black keys is fuckin wrong

Have to agree with this, wholeheartedly.

For the bass lovers of the world, I must take a stand.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1716 on: April 21, 2012, 05:29:14 pm »

Dude, no. There are plenty of good bands with bass players. My brother-in-law was in a band with two bass players. Shit, I play bass.

Black Keys are aces.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1717 on: April 21, 2012, 05:49:10 pm »

Halfway through Side 1 of the new Jack White album.  Already can confirm as really good.   
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1718 on: April 21, 2012, 06:02:51 pm »

Halfway through Side 1 of the new Jack White album.  Already can confirm as really good.   

It's because he wised up and added bass.

Dude, no. There are plenty of good bands with bass players. My brother-in-law was in a band with two bass players. Shit, I play bass.

Black Keys are aces.

Yeah, you're right.  They too have a bass player now. Eventually they all see the light.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1719 on: April 21, 2012, 06:11:42 pm »

Everything just fell into place for you to win that argument, dude.  Have a victory can.

Man, there is some piano on this record that is balls-out!  This shit is good.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1720 on: April 21, 2012, 07:40:27 pm »

Halfway through Side 1 of the new Jack White album.  Already can confirm as really good.   

We're going to see him in Eugene. Pretty psyched.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1721 on: April 21, 2012, 08:32:08 pm »

All I can say man, is when is the last time I listened to a new record three times in a row, once right after the other?  Well, you wouldn't know, but it's been a while.  That's some 'end of the year list' shit right there.

Apparently some dates on his tour he's gonna have his boss foxy lady backing band, and other times his super-bad dudes backing band, just depending on his whims. 
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1722 on: April 21, 2012, 10:29:17 pm »

He is definitely a whims kind of dude. I have seen him 6 or 7 times now, and it is impossible to anticipate what is going to happen each time. I'm kind of hoping for some covers this time since he just has the one solo album.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1723 on: April 21, 2012, 11:22:41 pm »

A girl I hated in college works at his record label now. Weird.

Tonight I am going to listen to The Mountain Goats live and try to keep an open mind.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1724 on: April 22, 2012, 03:36:17 am »

I came to Lana Del Rey through the crooked path of seeing her bomb on SNL.  I was all "this is terrible, who is this horrible singer?'  which brought me to YouTube and then... well I just couldn't stop listening to Video Games, Born to Die and Blue Jeans.  I went from strong dislike to obsessively hitting replay.  It leaves me wondering if stage presence matters at all at this point in our history.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 190   Go Up