Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379914 times)

0 Members and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1725 on: April 24, 2012, 01:12:02 pm »

my new favorite sex jam: sexy eiffel towers-bow wow wow

NSFW-lady orgasms(whether real or fake, my c*ck was convinced.)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1726 on: April 24, 2012, 02:25:11 pm »

NSFW-lady orgasms(whether real or fake, my c*ck was convinced.)

I had a big crush on her when I was a kid.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1727 on: April 24, 2012, 03:00:51 pm »

I am a tad late to this particular party, but wow is the Decemberists' "The King Is Dead" a great record.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1728 on: April 26, 2012, 02:15:15 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1729 on: April 26, 2012, 03:36:28 am »

Speaking of bands with just a guitar and drums: lately (WARNING: DO NOT LISTEN ON LOUD VOLUME. THE CLAPPING IS MISLEADING.) this is my jam when my roommates are out and it's amp-cranking hours. Why is this so fun to play? His newer stuff is much better recorded and has a full band but... is just not as fun. But this spring he's coming out with like three albums (one with White Fence, one solo of softer stuff, one louder with a full band) so who knows where he is going next.

There are Talks going on about moving in with a few music-playing friends in a house with a basement, and if that happens it will be all jams all the time. I told the guy with the most similar tastes that we are going to start a garage-country band. Time to learn how to play country guitar.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1730 on: April 26, 2012, 07:20:34 am »

Lots of Steely Dan for the past two days.  Especially the entire Aja album as well as this jam.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1731 on: April 26, 2012, 08:23:41 am »

I discovered something while looking for that Steely Dan link, there are a lot of really good Steely Dan tribute bands.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1732 on: April 29, 2012, 12:27:05 am »

Did I ask you if you've listened to Android Warehouse?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1733 on: April 29, 2012, 06:15:46 am »

Did I ask you if you've listened to Android Warehouse?

I don't believe so, but if you had the answer would be yes.  Pre Dan Becker/Fagen. I even have that shit on cassette.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1734 on: April 29, 2012, 01:49:26 pm »

Lots of Steely Dan for the past two days.  Especially the entire Aja album as well as this jam.

Can't Buy a Thrill is such a damn good ablum.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1735 on: April 29, 2012, 05:11:41 pm »

Pretzel Logic is also a great album. The Android Warehouse deal is very strange.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1736 on: May 01, 2012, 03:50:13 am »

saw Real Estate last night. Their songs all sound the same, but in a way I really like. Delicately put together, with incredible guitar tone.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1737 on: May 01, 2012, 07:56:06 pm »

Hey Keith, did you see the article on the dude from Spiritualized/Spacemen 3 in the April 16 New Yorker?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1738 on: May 01, 2012, 10:59:00 pm »

I did not, will check it.  My best friend bought me a kick ass Spacemen 3 shirt for my birthday last week.  I fuck*ng love that shirt, but I haven't really worn band shirts since High School, it felt like trying too hard.  I now really, really want to get a Happy Mondays shirt and a Madchester shirt and never, ever wear anything else associated with bands, but I can't find a cool Happy Mondays one.

I was on ebay looking and found this kick ass hacienda/madchester inspired shirt I am probably going to get.  Check it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MADCHESTER-COOL-AS-F-K-TSHIRT-STONE-ROSES-HAPPY-MONDAYS-INSPIRAL-CARPETS-/110858437890?pt=UK_Men_s_T_Shirts&var=&hash=item19cfad8502
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1739 on: May 01, 2012, 11:01:38 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 190   Go Up