Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380466 times)

0 Members and 62 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1740 on: May 01, 2012, 11:06:33 pm »

Hey Keith, did you see the article on the dude from Spiritualized/Spacemen 3 in the April 16 New Yorker?

Uh, I can only find it where you got to pay?  Is there a link or anything?  Was it good?  Peter Kembler (Sonic Boom) is my preferred of the two.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1741 on: May 01, 2012, 11:48:46 pm »

stay with me(live)-the faces

Ah yes, the Faces, so good.  I'll see your Stay with Me and raise you a I Know I'm Losing You.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1742 on: May 02, 2012, 01:05:21 am »

the dude behind metalocalypse/dethklok has a space-y, extreme rock/melodic metal band side project and he/they released a CD last month.  prophecy of the lazer witch-galaktikon

its something i can definitely get behind.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1743 on: May 02, 2012, 02:27:31 am »

Uh, I can only find it where you got to pay?  Is there a link or anything?  Was it good?  Peter Kembler (Sonic Boom) is my preferred of the two.

OMG, please can I kill everyone who created The New Yorker's website.

All I could get out of it was a file of the story in .xps format, which I don't even know what is, although my laptop opened it without any trouble. I can email it to you if you give me an address.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1744 on: May 02, 2012, 03:25:54 am »

I was just listening to Viva La Vinyl by Twilight Hotel and thought some of you folks might like them.  These folks were once Winnipeggers but now make their home in Austin TX, I hear they do a great live show, though sadly I got turned on to them just after they left the city.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1745 on: May 02, 2012, 09:16:58 pm »

If you want, Keith, I can send you the hard copy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1746 on: May 03, 2012, 01:23:12 am »

Oh, awesome, I will send you my email Wombat and thanks for the offer Nabu.

Also, the minutemen live in some dudes yard:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkth4o3DpKA&feature=related
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1747 on: May 05, 2012, 05:03:58 am »

valerie(live)-the zutons

i cant decide if the singers voice is interesting/cool or annoying.  maybe both?  anyway, i like mark ronson's disco-y/motown interpretation(despite amy winehouse) more.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1748 on: May 05, 2012, 06:27:02 am »

Was that some kind of Tupac Holla!gram thing?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1749 on: May 05, 2012, 05:50:27 pm »

Paul, you continue to impress.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1750 on: May 06, 2012, 05:39:22 pm »

valerie(live)-the zutons

i cant decide if the singers voice is interesting/cool or annoying.  maybe both?  anyway, i like mark ronson's disco-y/motown interpretation(despite amy winehouse) more.

I like Amy Winehouse, but Mark Ronson grates.  We are opposed on this issue.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1751 on: May 08, 2012, 02:37:58 am »

Man Will Oldham is like my favorite person I've never met. What weird and cool guy: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/07/now-playing-the-world-premiere-of-bonnie-prince-billys-new-music-video/

I guess I met him briefly a long time ago. I saw him play at Tower Records in Seattle in '97 or '98, and I had purchased the Black/Rich Music EP. I ran into him as I was leaving and he graciously signed it for me. Really nice about it. It was the least awkward moment ever meeting someone I idolized.

Most awkward was Doug Martsch. Because to me he's basically a god. And it's weird to have you photo taken with a god.

Also, Will Oldham supports safe sex. I bought this. I think it would be super creepy and kind of awesome to get it signed after use.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:43:04 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1752 on: May 08, 2012, 03:11:10 am »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1753 on: May 08, 2012, 05:38:06 am »

I sort of met Doug Martsch. He seemed very nice.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1754 on: May 08, 2012, 06:51:37 pm »

I mentioned on FB that I just heard Ace Frehley's "New York Groove" playing in the airport here. Shit like that makes me feel slightly conflicted. I guess the same thing happened twenty years ago when people started hearing the Stones in inappropriate places (or hell, Split Enz).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 190   Go Up