Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380511 times)

0 Members and 64 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1770 on: May 18, 2012, 12:38:55 am »

Silly Putty. I wish I had a link to the version I have on my iPod, but that one's pretty sweet.

While you're at it, this is pretty funky, too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1771 on: May 21, 2012, 05:27:03 am »

My roommates are in a cool band with the guys I am trying to move in with. They always record their practices on a cassette tape so they can see what they screwed up. So I have heard a lot of fucked up versions of their songs.

Now they recorded a "demo EP" at the college radio station since class is no longer in session. They sound really awesome. Whoa.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1772 on: May 22, 2012, 10:01:40 pm »

infinity guitars-sleigh bells
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1773 on: May 22, 2012, 11:14:08 pm »

New Garbage today and Garbage live tomorrow. It's a sold-out show with no opener. I can't wrap my head around that second part.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1774 on: May 24, 2012, 04:58:04 am »

sometimes i like to watch drum covers of rad songs:

frankenstein drum cover

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:02:13 am by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1775 on: May 24, 2012, 06:16:09 am »

So, I had another silly love song stuck in my head since the weekend and I decided to burn it out.

You could do much worse. I really love that song, always have.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1776 on: May 24, 2012, 06:59:00 am »

Did you consider trying this?

Don't know how good that is at draining ear worms, but it sure was satisfying.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1777 on: May 24, 2012, 07:15:22 am »

Willie is pretty awesome.

I quite agree. Did I mention that I was going to see him for the first time (I know, shameful) next week? I will be watching him from the roof of my car. It'll be kinda like a drive in movie.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1778 on: May 24, 2012, 07:55:43 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1779 on: May 24, 2012, 08:24:13 am »

Little low-key cover by P!nk.

Man, I'll tell you, I was skeptical, but that fuck*ng rocked.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1780 on: May 24, 2012, 05:57:13 pm »

I just spent an hour listening to someone's playlist of the rolling stones, black keys, bruce springsteen, all sealed up with AC/DC's Hells bells. It was someone's idea of mood music during a conference call.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1781 on: May 25, 2012, 12:01:15 am »

Man, I'll tell you, I was skeptical, but that fuck*ng rocked.
Pretty damn good.  I like how she had a background singer to cover the upper range instead of trying to warp it to fit her much more restricted voice.  Freddie was really amazing, which comes out when you hear someone trying to cover one of his songs.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1782 on: May 25, 2012, 04:09:58 pm »

P!nk is not too bad, really.  The best of that bunch is Robyn.  By a country mile.  Serious tunes, cool haircuts, pointy shoes, ridiculous dancing.  I buy all her stuff and let my inner gay man go crazy.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1783 on: May 25, 2012, 05:40:56 pm »

Little low-key cover by P!nk.

For a change my computer didn't crash when I tried to play a video, and I am glad. That is kind of cool. I never imagined it sung by, you know, ladies.

But, um, should Wombat know who Pink is?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1784 on: May 25, 2012, 07:18:25 pm »

I've mentioned that I'm a fan of The Cliks before, so of course the band's lead singer Lucas Silveira went and did a cover of one of my favorite songs of all time.  He did it back in 2009 before taking hormones (he's transgendered), and then after some time the band and him specifically disappeared and I was wondering what happened.  He had previously said he didn't plan to take hormones because he knew they'd have a drastic effect on his voice.  It seems that he later decided to go that route, and had to re-learn to sing with his new, deeper register. 

Crying, 2009

vs

Crying, 2012

Both versions are great, but what a difference?  The Cliks' website now says they're no longer a band, but Lucas' solo project.  I'm going to have to check out the rest of the new album to figure out my thoughts.  I most like the band because Lucas' voice reminded me of a rougher version of Chrissie Hynde, so with this change, when it comes to musicality, I'm not sure if I'm into him any more.  I admire the massive courage it must take to follow his truth even at risk to changing his voice so drastically.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 190   Go Up