Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 382034 times)

0 Members and 61 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1830 on: June 25, 2012, 04:52:28 am »

bang on the drum all day-live at daryl's house

i guess a bunch of people get together with daryl hall and jam?  anyhow, this version seems like the perfect song for an outdoor gathering in the backyard with your favorite dudes and ladies.

That was good, but I liked this one better. Thanks for finding this. I'm a big Todd Rundgren fan.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1831 on: June 25, 2012, 04:58:18 am »

upon further investigation i found that those dudes are daryl hall's band, except for the guest.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1832 on: June 26, 2012, 04:16:36 pm »

Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1833 on: June 26, 2012, 04:32:35 pm »

Good lord man, that brings the angry all right.

Clear your mind with a less angry song:
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1834 on: June 26, 2012, 04:40:16 pm »

I'm listening to plunky songs about Mother,

This is the one I thought you'd be linking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gq8LeKfuiM
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1835 on: June 26, 2012, 05:54:13 pm »

Good lord man, that brings the angry all right.

I'm listening to plunky songs about Mother, trying to decide which version I like bestus.

Heh.  Been listening to lots of Flatt and Scruggs lately.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1836 on: June 29, 2012, 08:52:51 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXg8BhSlBGo

The best coke rap record of all time?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1837 on: June 30, 2012, 12:28:03 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1838 on: June 30, 2012, 01:42:57 am »

It feels like some kind of experimental piece where they recorded all of the songs played in a Guitar Center over the course of a day and then strung them together. That guy is much better at guitar than me. Some of those choice bewilder me, but obviously I am a guitar dick.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1839 on: June 30, 2012, 04:29:26 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXg8BhSlBGo

The best coke rap record of all time?

I like More Gangsta Music if only for Cam'ron's parting shot:

"I ain't dissin' you dog, I'm dismissin' you/ Get the R. Kelly tape you'll see how we piss on you/ That's Kool-Aid, Moutain Dew, and Cris on you"

But now I'm listening to Return to the 36 Chambers, and it may not exactly be a coke rap album, but ODB was definitely coked out of his fuck*ng mind.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1840 on: July 01, 2012, 10:15:53 am »

Seriously, check this dope beat/steel drum in like a pop rap song with a video like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ0iUNI0ncc

damn that is dope
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1841 on: July 01, 2012, 06:21:45 pm »

Seriously, check this dope beat/steel drum in like a pop rap song with a video like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ0iUNI0ncc

damn that is dope

Is that the McDonalds Theme?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1842 on: July 02, 2012, 01:03:33 pm »

I'm loving the hell out of the (not so) new Jonathan Coulton album.

The song that caught my attention first was Nemeses but it's really one of those albums that works best as a whole, it has a way of carrying a theme from one song to another but inverting it or playing with it that gives the whole thing a cohesion that I didn't find in his other stuff, as much as I loved him. Also, produced by They Might Be Giants, that's got to count for a bit.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1843 on: July 03, 2012, 11:44:27 pm »

speaking of debased french: pussycat-banane metalik
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1844 on: July 04, 2012, 03:13:21 am »

Who-ya-fuck-wee!

Today is a day of debased french and pocket accordion.

You tell them good, Jo-El.

I was ruined on Cajun music by Pe-Te's Cajun Bandstand, a radio show on our local Pacifica station. Comes on every Saturday morning and it's so bad. If you forget to turn off your alarm clock (as I frequently do) you are treated to an hour of this guy while you wait for the blues music to start. He has the worst taste in Cajun music ever. He must bankroll the show is all I can figure. I can't find any live playlist for you as an example so you'll just have to take my word for it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 190   Go Up