Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379669 times)

0 Members and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1935 on: October 26, 2012, 08:56:01 pm »

Carlos, I know the song from a mixtape that I think I got from you. That Pacific ocean song isn't it.

Birds don't think they're flying, they think that they are walking underneath the ______
Girls don't think life's exciting they ___

That's all I can remember of the lyrics.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1936 on: October 27, 2012, 12:33:58 pm »

Carlos, I know the song from a mixtape that I think I got from you.

Can't be. I'd remember the song, if it was one I liked enough to put on a mix disc.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1937 on: October 27, 2012, 02:56:49 pm »

Yeah, I figured if you don't remember it, it didn't come from you. But it fits with your style.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1938 on: November 02, 2012, 06:35:57 pm »

"Roman Ruins" by Line & Circle is a good-ass song. Wish they'd put out a full-length album.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1939 on: November 03, 2012, 11:32:42 am »

i cant make you love me/nick of time-justin vernon(bon iver)

this has been worming its way into my brain and its working its way into my soul.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1940 on: November 03, 2012, 11:53:24 am »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:16:27 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1941 on: November 08, 2012, 10:07:33 pm »

Horns! Bass!

OHH MY BASAL NERVOUS SYSTEM!

Good stuff. I'm really starting to like this band.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1942 on: November 09, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »

I liked that one.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1943 on: November 10, 2012, 03:50:46 pm »

Holy shit, Father John Misty's Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings, both the song and the video.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1944 on: November 14, 2012, 12:31:04 am »

a nice cheerful 80s tune about city life:

new yorks alright if you like saxaphones-fear
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1945 on: November 14, 2012, 05:33:55 am »

Holy shit, Father John Misty's Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings, both the song and the video.

That's pretty cool.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1946 on: November 14, 2012, 07:46:14 am »

Holy shit so awesome.

(Probably even more awesome if you are Canadian.)
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1947 on: November 14, 2012, 12:13:15 pm »

I just "discovered" Modest penis. It is la bamba. So good, it's even making me consider picking up the guitar and writing some stuff.

Oh you cheeky bastards.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:20:36 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1948 on: November 14, 2012, 03:51:55 pm »

Ha ha ha... Modest c*ck!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1949 on: November 23, 2012, 11:25:39 pm »

I've never been able to get into Pavement, but for some strange odd reason I totally love Stephen Malkmus. Of course, my opinion is based on a very tiny sample of the material.

I think I need to expand my Stephen Malkmus collection.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 190   Go Up