Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380073 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1950 on: November 24, 2012, 06:44:44 am »

I love Pavement.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1951 on: November 27, 2012, 05:54:52 pm »

white punks on hope-crass

groovy almost jazzy oldcore
i dont agree with their politics(anarchy is bullshit), but the lyrics are in the info.  fascinating and powerfully blunt.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1952 on: November 27, 2012, 07:14:43 pm »

My favorite dude's new album is getting lots of attention which is interesting because I think of his scene as one the Pitchfork crowd is not into. I realize that that is wishful thinking. But there is definitely a sub-stratum of awesome garage rock bands who Pitchfork maybe reviews sometimes but doesn't play up too much, who all play on each others' albums, who never come to St Louis, who I love the most. The eastern outpost is Nashville, and the western is obviously San Francisco.

Whenever bands I like play on late-night TV, the sound is awful.

This asshole is 25 and has put out so many great albums. I have not listened to the new one enough yet to say whether this is one of them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1953 on: November 28, 2012, 05:08:30 am »

Local rag reviewed my roommates' album and got the personnel all wrong. It will be available for free online by the end of the week. Awesome.

I think they are pretty unhappy about the "sounds like shit" comment. They did the best they could with a limited budget. But I don't wanna get in this argument with you guys again.

I have not heard it yet. Anxiously awaiting an mp3 of my favorite song.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:11:51 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1954 on: November 29, 2012, 03:54:15 pm »

Aforementioned favorite song.

I love that damn riff at the beginning. Ahhhh. When they play it live it is a tiny bit faster and off-kilter and distorted. Mmmmm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1955 on: November 29, 2012, 04:13:42 pm »

Not too bad. I like it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1956 on: November 29, 2012, 06:36:30 pm »

Aforementioned favorite song.

I love that damn riff at the beginning. Ahhhh. When they play it live it is a tiny bit faster and off-kilter and distorted. Mmmmm.

Heh heh.  Sewer Des Peres.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1957 on: December 03, 2012, 08:48:01 am »

My roommates had their big album release party. It was awesome. At the end I was drenched in sweat and beer. All of my friends rocked out and danced and it was great. They put on a really great show. The other band that played was... bad?... and it made my roommates look really good.

Their album is good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1958 on: December 03, 2012, 06:31:33 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Fluxblog
« Reply #1959 on: December 06, 2012, 11:22:53 pm »

Fluxblog is a music blog. For the past two years they have put out an end of year round up of the years best tracks. These are huge 8 disc  collections, completely downloadable.

These discs have been my music guide for the past two years. I've discovered a lot of great music and artists. I've based most of my new music purchasing on what I've heard there.

I went there to see if they had put up a 2012 round up yet. Instead of that I just learned that they have actually been doing the end of year thing since 2002.

For some reason the 2009 files have been removed, but all of the rest of it is still there.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1960 on: December 12, 2012, 03:53:02 am »

Lately I am having this impulse where I half-remember the content of a song, and then try to write what I imagine it is. So far I have done this with "100 Years from Now" and "Goddamn Job."

I am happier with the second one, I was playing it and my roommate asked what it was. Definitely good songwriting practice. The 100 Years from Now was just a real bummer that no one wants to hear. But still valuable practice.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1961 on: December 13, 2012, 07:47:18 pm »

Holy shit. Angry women and banjo and such might suck me back into giving modern country a shot.

Don't do it Ash, it's a fools errand. Although, you can put that singer in the Wouldya file. Those Hips!

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1962 on: December 13, 2012, 07:48:31 pm »

I'm listening to Tonights the Night concert that someone posted to Facebook.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1963 on: December 13, 2012, 07:49:44 pm »

Holy shit. Angry women and banjo and such might suck me back into giving modern country a shot.

They sound like Evanescence with a twang.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1964 on: December 13, 2012, 09:51:15 pm »

I am having a Problem where I do not think it is silly to like The Cure.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 190   Go Up