Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379352 times)

0 Members and 60 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1965 on: December 14, 2012, 01:47:34 am »

We talking three imaginary boys/boys don't cry?  Cause nothing is silly about that/those albums.  If its other cure you're on yer own.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1966 on: December 14, 2012, 04:22:42 am »

Those albums, yeah. They are so good. But there is also a place in my heart for Just like Heaven.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1967 on: December 14, 2012, 03:15:48 pm »

Psssst, former Met! I agree with you.

Now I gotta bathe in murine or something, but there it is.

We also agree on intense physical exercise as meditation!  And are both probably in the top five percent when it comes to animal shit seen/dealt with. 

Really, we just believe different shit, but have similar ways of carrying out what we believe.  Like, I cannot be around those people who talk about what they are gonna do and never do it.  Drives me fuck*ng crazy and no place in this world for that bs.  You are the same I am sure.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1968 on: December 14, 2012, 05:37:50 pm »

Like, I cannot be around those people who talk about what they are gonna do and never do it.  Drives me fuck*ng crazy and no place in this world for that bs. 
This.  Also, people who ask me for advice on something and then don't take it.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1969 on: December 15, 2012, 01:55:38 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1970 on: December 15, 2012, 03:18:26 am »

I was expecting this one.

By now,  you should know what to expect from Ash.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1971 on: December 15, 2012, 12:37:38 pm »

black hole sun(cover)-steve lawrence and eydie gorme
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1972 on: December 15, 2012, 06:17:00 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1973 on: December 19, 2012, 05:54:57 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1976 on: December 29, 2012, 08:37:33 pm »

So much The Microphones and Mount Eerie it's not even funny. Completely obsessing about them right now.

Mount Eerie - I Walked Home Beholding - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q4-Ci9gpJ0

The Mansion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hjAc3JpwXg (love the lyrics)

House Shape - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCNPEeGkgo

Through the Trees pt 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ZWgFv0JDE



Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1977 on: January 01, 2013, 05:49:06 pm »

I was starting to think it was a problem that all I listen to is Bruce Springsteen and Oingo Boingo with an occasional bit of Gaslight Anthem.

I have now stumbled across something new. Unfortunately, I can only buy their music as expensive import CD. Fortunately, there's YouTube:

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra

Edit: I meant this link, but I'll leave that one too, it's shorter and with less talking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixvqEnf_7_A
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:54:00 pm by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1978 on: January 01, 2013, 10:09:55 pm »

That's a really great band.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1979 on: January 02, 2013, 12:18:05 am »

wombat, that makes me as happy as  3rd wave made me when i was a teenager.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 190   Go Up