Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379389 times)

0 Members and 59 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1995 on: January 31, 2013, 03:44:01 pm »

The Wombats. Over the years I would occasionally check out something of theirs on YouTube and I always hated it and was sad about it. But a friend just gave me a CD of theirs and it's not bad.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1996 on: February 04, 2013, 02:11:19 pm »

raise your hand if you recognize this song.  the video is kinda cool.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1997 on: February 04, 2013, 06:57:39 pm »

raise your hand if you recognize this song.  the video is kinda cool.

Raises hand. It came my way via a really excellent mixdisc by our own Doc! Consummate Love he titled it. If you don't have it maybe he'll send it your way.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1998 on: February 04, 2013, 11:03:16 pm »

Raises hand. It came my way via a really excellent mixdisc by our own Doc! Consummate Love he titled it. If you don't have it maybe he'll send it your way.

i do indeed have it.  thats why i asked.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1999 on: February 05, 2013, 07:00:32 am »

Fairport Convention - Tam Lin. The rockingest ballad about fairies you will surely ever hear.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2000 on: February 05, 2013, 03:34:53 pm »

Fairport Convention - Tam Lin. The rockingest ballad about fairies faeries you will surely ever hear.

I think if you're talking about a rock ballad then it has to be spelled this way. Also, I'm surprised Led Zeppelin doesn't have any songs in competition. I can't think of any.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2001 on: February 07, 2013, 03:11:21 am »

Mumford and Sons. Have we ever talked about this?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2002 on: February 07, 2013, 03:40:11 am »

Mumford and Sons. Have we ever talked about this?

I remember sMets said something insightful about them. Perhaps it was on Facebook.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2003 on: February 07, 2013, 03:47:01 am »

re: mumford/etc.: i never thought i would think folk music is exceptionally good.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2004 on: February 07, 2013, 04:09:24 am »

Oh man, what?

This thing inspired me to download some various Hawaiian lap steel music, which led to other lap steel, which led to... that thing up there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2005 on: February 07, 2013, 04:18:47 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2006 on: February 07, 2013, 04:24:19 am »

There is something about people emulating American music but with a distinct foreign tinge that I will always be into. But also, just, lap steel guitar is so fantastic. A band I really like (Natural Child) recently added a lap steel player, and it really turned them into something incredible. My friends all hated it and I was just ROCKIN OUT. The new songs that were written with the lap steel in mind are the best... can't wait for their new album.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2007 on: February 07, 2013, 04:27:15 am »

There is something about people emulating American music but with a distinct foreign tinge that I will always be into. But also, just, lap steel guitar is so fantastic. A band I really like (Natural Child) recently added a lap steel player, and it really turned them into something incredible. My friends all hated it and I was just ROCKIN OUT. The new songs that were written with the lap steel in mind are the best... can't wait for their new album.

I want to get a lap steel.  I've messed around with a dobro a good bit, and it's got to be pretty similar.  I've never spent much time on slide in general, so it would be fun for that reason too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2008 on: February 07, 2013, 06:28:11 am »

There is something about people emulating American music but with a distinct foreign tinge that I will always be into.

That pretty much describes every Japanese pop song I've ever heard.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2009 on: February 07, 2013, 06:47:33 am »

Bollywood Steel Guitar downloaded.

re: mumford/etc.: i never thought i would think folk music is exceptionally good.

I've never listened, but I'm pretty sure you still don't.


Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 190   Go Up