Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380179 times)

0 Members and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2040 on: March 05, 2013, 07:08:02 pm »

I have never been to Nashville, but the Bon Appetit article on it makes me want to go there and get hot chicken.
http://www.bonappetit.com/magazine/2012/02/the-story-on-nashville-hot-chicken
http://www.bonappetit.com/magazine/travel/nashville

That chicken reminds me of the chicken I had in Asheville last summer.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2041 on: March 05, 2013, 07:32:13 pm »

A bunch of TMBG on YouTube, because I'm taking Lucy to see them tonight.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2042 on: March 10, 2013, 06:24:12 pm »

Some catchy, Canadian positivity for you this fine Sunday afternoon.  Are you in touch with your inner ninja?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2043 on: March 10, 2013, 07:12:50 pm »

pressure drop-toots and the maytals
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2044 on: March 10, 2013, 09:51:56 pm »

Some catchy, Canadian positivity for you this fine Sunday afternoon.  Are you in touch with your inner ninja?

The uploader has not made that video available in your country.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2045 on: March 11, 2013, 12:30:40 am »

My listening rotation lately has been the new-ish Neil Young, the new Eels, the new Hayden and the Built to Spill Caustic Resin EP.

Take from that as you will.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2046 on: March 11, 2013, 03:26:23 pm »

The uploader has not made that video available in your country.

What?!  That happens to me from time to time with American content too.  I don't know how to search for the tune in a way that is US friendly.  It's "Inner Ninja" by Classified. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2047 on: March 12, 2013, 06:17:56 pm »

I'm listening to my cousin's band's new album! It is truly fantastic. I thought I would share it here for you indie music people. Here's the 2-line review I posted on The FaceSpace:

Quote
Listening to it for the first time threw me back to the days of R.E.M., the B-52s, and Alanis Morissette. It's firmly in the Alternative tradition of the mid-1990s, but with a fresher sound that's a little bit jazz and a little bit classic rock. If that sounds like your thing, check it out!

iTunes Linky:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/people-being-human/id614955391

BandCamp Linky:

http://peoplebeinghuman.bandcamp.com/

My cousin is the female lead vocalist. Of the 3 songs on the Band Camp site, she's featured most prominently on Tay Gun.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2048 on: March 12, 2013, 07:47:39 pm »

I'm not hearing R.E.M., B-52s or Alanis Morissette. More of a poor man's Silversun Pickups really. And the trumpet in the band lends itself to obvious comparisons to Cake.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2049 on: March 12, 2013, 07:55:31 pm »

Yeah, well. You can tell by how often I post in this thread how much music I listen to -- I don't claim to know much, but I do know what I like.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2050 on: March 14, 2013, 01:55:54 am »

I'm really digging the new Justin Timberlake. He jams on This song and on this one he's totally channeling Steely Dan.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2051 on: March 14, 2013, 02:18:42 pm »

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2052 on: March 14, 2013, 09:43:03 pm »

speaking of JT

he and jimmy fallon always get down to some silly-assed and fun shenanigans.  those history of rap things they do are the complete and utter shit.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2053 on: March 15, 2013, 12:58:18 am »

So much fuck*ng dub and good reggae the last like week and a half.  It is almost a problem. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2054 on: March 15, 2013, 03:06:53 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 190   Go Up