Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380086 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2055 on: March 15, 2013, 01:45:54 pm »

Kick ass. I saw Pantera, Sepultura, and Prong many many years ago in Albuquerque. Not a show I'd normally go to, but a buddy won the tickets so what the hell. Prong and Pantera were actually pretty good live. Sepultura made no fuck*ng sense at all. "A BLAAH BLAAHH BLAHH BLUUUUAAHHH!" in a deeper Cookie Monster sort of voice. He did say "ALBUQUERQUE MOTHERFUCKERRRRRRRRRS!" to start the show, but that was the only thing I understood the whole set.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2056 on: March 15, 2013, 07:25:45 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2057 on: March 17, 2013, 01:22:01 am »

Lots of bluegrass. I've seen one amazing bluegrass show in Nashville and one pretty damn good one, on my first two nights here. It's pretty much all I've been listening to in the car driving around town.

Tonight, Nick Cave.

Tomorrow...?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2058 on: March 17, 2013, 01:45:12 am »

Listening to OutRun by Kavinsky. Favorite tracks so far are First Blood and Odd Look; seems like good night-drivin' music.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2059 on: March 19, 2013, 08:20:37 pm »

Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2060 on: March 19, 2013, 08:40:55 pm »

Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2061 on: March 21, 2013, 05:11:25 pm »

Lately I am listening to The Men a ton. I saw them live the summer before last, and since then they have put out two really different albums. When I saw them they were basically doing a fuzzed out shoegaze punk thing. Since then they've put out songs I love like this pretty little ditty, this great anthem, and of course, still some straight up rock-out songs. My roommates who were really into their first album don't like the new stuff as much as I do. But I like it a lot.

My favorite band in the world put out a new record. I've only listened half a time, and I'm pretty into it so far. It sounds like they all went out and bought new equipment or something... all of the sounds are very different than anything else they've recorded.
My friend who is into them the most has said it might be his favorite out of all of theirs. Goddamn do I love this band. They'll never come to St Louis and I am pretty pissed about it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2062 on: March 22, 2013, 12:00:35 am »

A fuzzed out shoegaze punk thing.

After missing Jason Molina's entire career I feel compelled to click on every link in this thread lest I miss something good.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2063 on: March 23, 2013, 09:11:29 pm »

Captain CAVEMAAAAAN
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2064 on: March 26, 2013, 12:00:12 am »

Initially read that as Jason Momoa.  I was trying to imagine what his ouvre consists of, other than Game of Thrones and Conan the Barbarian (rebooted).

edit
Wikipedia tells me Momoa's kid is named "Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa"  That's going to be hell to bubble in on standardized tests.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:05:09 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2065 on: March 28, 2013, 03:29:56 pm »

I recently came to the realization that Lars Urlich is a terrible drummer. As a consequence I now find Metallica hard to listen to.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2066 on: March 28, 2013, 03:48:05 pm »

I realized that about Lars right around the time I realized Ringo had been, in fact, a great drummer. Meg White confused me at first, but I liked what Jack had her doing. Dave Grohl is my favorite drummer, and whether he's the best matters naught to me. Offhand, I can't name any lousy drummers other than Lars, just bands I don't listen to.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2067 on: March 28, 2013, 06:21:58 pm »

FTFY

Well yeah, that's a given, but I don't care about that or even want to know anymore than I have to. But his shitty drumming can't be overlooked.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2068 on: March 28, 2013, 06:28:33 pm »

I realized that about Lars right around the time I realized Ringo had been, in fact, a great drummer. Meg White confused me at first, but I liked what Jack had her doing. Dave Grohl is my favorite drummer, and whether he's the best matters naught to me. Offhand, I can't name any lousy drummers other than Lars, just bands I don't listen to.

I never thought Lars was a good drummer, but I never realized how terrible he is. Barely competent.  I've always known Ringo was great. I've been in more than a few internet arguments with ding-a-lings that think he sucks because he never played anything flashy.

Dave Grohl is the best drummer of his generation. He's the John Bonham of Grunge or whatever.

Meg White, for a drummer she has really nice tits.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2069 on: March 28, 2013, 08:35:07 pm »

Meg White, for a drummer she has really nice tits.

I still can't hear her name without thinking of this.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 190   Go Up