Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381214 times)

0 Members and 61 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2085 on: April 30, 2013, 12:42:15 pm »

Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2086 on: May 02, 2013, 09:33:42 pm »

As someone who once bounced one of these off a wing wall and around a support pier while on the way to school, I was pleasantly surprised to hear this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxxajLWwzqY
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:38:09 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2087 on: May 07, 2013, 03:50:37 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2088 on: May 09, 2013, 11:57:19 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys8dTSLQPiU
I think August/Paul would appreciate this.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:34:20 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2089 on: May 09, 2013, 12:47:07 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys8dTSLQPiU
I think August/Paul would appreciate this.

August/Paul?  Sounds like some weird hybrid creature with titillating facial hair.

Anyway, this half of the horrifying genetic atrocity liked the song.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2091 on: May 10, 2013, 08:35:23 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys8dTSLQPiU
I think August/Paul would appreciate this.

I like it. Sounds like the Black Keys.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2092 on: May 11, 2013, 07:25:14 am »

Today I saw Birdcloud. I am confused, because while this video is pretty good, it is not at all what my impression of them was from their live performance. Live, they were... physically ugly, and had much twangier southern accents, and were drunk, and singing songs that were incredibly vulgar.

At the end of a song about how hard it is to be a good Christian woman and save it for marriage, one of them got down on her knees and unzipped the other's #####. There was a harmonica in there somehow attached to her underwear, and she played a solo on it. Incredible.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2093 on: May 11, 2013, 11:33:17 pm »

I saw The Knife tonight, and it was really fuck*ng awesome.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2095 on: May 17, 2013, 05:16:50 pm »

At least it's good jogging music.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2096 on: May 18, 2013, 05:06:50 am »

I know I say this junk way too much, but I can't believe that I live in a time when I can be trying to figure out a song on the guitar, look it up, and find a video of a dude born over 100 years ago playing it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2097 on: May 18, 2013, 03:46:33 pm »

I know I say this junk way too much, but I can't believe that I live in a time when I can be trying to figure out a song on the guitar, look it up, and find a video of a dude born over 100 years ago playing it.

No shit.  We're getting spoiled by the magical shit we have available to us. 

I'm trying to resolve to not get irritated when the obscure content I've located on the internet doesn't load onto my phone fast enough to suit me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2098 on: May 18, 2013, 05:31:31 pm »

I'm trying to resolve to not get irritated when the obscure content I've located on the internet doesn't load onto my phone fast enough to suit me.

Louis CK and David Foster Wallace are kind of my spiritual leaders in this area. Specifically, not being a dick in modern times.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2099 on: May 19, 2013, 03:49:17 am »

I guess I have been in an old school state of mind lately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XixYWPrNHsk
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 190   Go Up