Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379542 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2325 on: April 04, 2014, 12:02:06 am »

Today I'm listening to a really kick ass mixdisc prepared by our own Asherdan. It's really got the right amount of aggression for the day I am having.

Have another can, sir.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2326 on: April 04, 2014, 05:30:27 am »

say hey(i love you)-michael franti & spearhead

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2327 on: April 04, 2014, 01:45:59 pm »

For the most part I really liked "Neon Bible" and "The Suburbs," but the new album just does nothing for me.

My heavy rotation at the moment: Typhoon's "White Lighter," Local Natives' "Hummingbird," and the Band of hosss acoustic album.
I got the new The Hold Steady album, have only listened to it once so far. Going to see them Monday night, I think, assuming my friend actually gets the tickets.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2328 on: April 04, 2014, 02:37:21 pm »

What, are Arcade Fire over already? I was just getting into them.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2329 on: April 04, 2014, 03:17:51 pm »

leather jacket-joyce manor

this is punk rock and its energetic, but its not upbeat.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2330 on: April 04, 2014, 04:32:11 pm »

Mayor, I've liked what I've heard of Band of hosss, what would be a good starter album?

Their first two albums are both really good. By the way, I saw them perform in Salt Lake City about 2-3 months before their first album came out.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2331 on: April 05, 2014, 05:12:28 am »

See how they deal with a fan stage diving.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2332 on: April 05, 2014, 08:05:04 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2333 on: April 07, 2014, 01:36:41 pm »

Mayor, I've liked what I've heard of Band of hosss, what would be a good starter album?

I like them all, but if I was to recommend one for you to try first it would probably be "Cease to Begin."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2334 on: April 07, 2014, 02:09:28 pm »

Right now I'm just consuming vacuous vaporwave. I don't know, there's a lot of chaff but once in a while you stumble upon something that's just the right mix of killer beats soaked in eerie dementia. Such as http://fortune500.bandcamp.com/album/hypermedia-p-p and http://blankbanshee.bandcamp.com/album/blank-banshee-0 and please, please, please, watch this: http://jonrafman.com/betamale/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:19:29 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2335 on: April 07, 2014, 02:46:40 pm »

^ Yikes, I didn't think I'd be watching that Oneohtrix video again, but fate would have it that i get to stare at the world's grodiest keyboard right before lunch.

Here are a few prettier ones to cleanse the palette:

Luxury Elite

And a classic.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2336 on: April 08, 2014, 05:03:48 pm »

Tim Follin - Time Trax Genesis Soundtrack

Music from a cancelled video game based on an obscure Australian Sci-fi TV show. Someone managed to find a prototype of it in 2013, almost 20 years after the game was shitcanned.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2337 on: April 14, 2014, 03:48:29 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2338 on: April 14, 2014, 01:36:53 pm »

I've been listening to so much replacements...I never travel far without a little big star!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2339 on: April 14, 2014, 01:38:04 pm »

I had never heard of Jesse Winchester before hearing that he died on Friday. And now I wonder why the hell not. This is just about the most beautiful thing I've ever heard, plus it made Neko Case cry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uKGWpqnS8E#t=20

Speaking of Neko, this tweet is for Ash: https://twitter.com/NekoCase/status/455164502569254913
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 190   Go Up