Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380133 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2340 on: April 17, 2014, 03:52:02 am »

A friend from England I've never met in person. We met via Flickr. As well as being a very talented photographer she's also a talented singer/songwriter/guitar player. She recently teamed up with another singer and they've released their first music. Wombat, I think you might like this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2341 on: April 18, 2014, 09:45:39 pm »

let me teach you how to eat-reverend horton heat

the video gives me a psychobilly freakout in my #####.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2342 on: April 23, 2014, 12:23:06 pm »

Not entirely unrelated, spent this week rocking out to Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra.

Because life motherfuckers.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2343 on: April 23, 2014, 06:18:26 pm »

Today Doc wins!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2344 on: April 23, 2014, 09:32:04 pm »

The world remains a strange and wonderful place:


Metalheads of Botswana
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2345 on: April 23, 2014, 10:16:45 pm »

It is indeed a strange and wonderful world.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2346 on: April 24, 2014, 04:59:28 pm »

New track by my guys, they took a few songs I didn't love as much and combined them into something new and awesome. I'm going to miss hearing them play in my basement when I leave.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2347 on: April 24, 2014, 05:03:44 pm »

I thought those guys broke up or something.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2348 on: April 24, 2014, 07:15:45 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2349 on: April 25, 2014, 12:34:11 am »

That. Whoa. Crazy kewl.

That's Beth Gibbons from Portishead singing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2350 on: April 25, 2014, 12:51:57 am »

Today I have a soundtrack that fits my day.

That hit the spot. Nice dinner music.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2351 on: April 25, 2014, 02:05:55 pm »

I got your Sabbath cover right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsmCj1YNWH4&feature=kp
This was awesome as hell live, many many years ago.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2352 on: April 26, 2014, 09:16:39 am »

New albums by tobacco and the oh sees both fuck*ng awesome.

It took me a while but I've been realizing thee oh sees are the best band of the last tenish years or whatever.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:15:13 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2353 on: April 26, 2014, 04:13:25 pm »

+1, agree.

I saw them play this song in Chicago a few months ago and was overwhelmed by the urge to quit my job immediately. Forget saving money for school, forget being responsible... the point of life is to live and you only get once.

...but, you know, I'm a wimp.

Something about this new album sounds like a different band. Maybe it is recorded differently? Different amps or something? They have always been a band with a very particular sound.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2354 on: April 27, 2014, 04:30:10 am »

That song is the most different song of their last 4 albums.  Carrion crawler/the dream probably the first album I heard by them?  Or the album that song is from- Floating Coffin.  Inev is probably better at that then me, at least with that band.

Tobacco- Fucked Up Friends (album)- get it!!!  Also, new one called Ultima II Massage, get it too.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 190   Go Up