Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380153 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2370 on: May 14, 2014, 01:06:29 am »

Damn, totally forgot that Paul posted that video! I liked it a little at first, but hearing it coming from my roommate's bedroom (who normally only listens to heavy metal and noise) made the songs work their way deep into my brain. Then, driving to Nashville last week, the album came on and blew me away.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2371 on: May 14, 2014, 03:30:39 pm »

2013 year-end mix. It is titled "flomp"

Realized I never put this up on the FTP site for Paul and anyone else who wanted it. I have remedied this.

To download:
ftp.bigfool.com
user ID:  bigfoo_touamb
password:  nicepete

Note that this is the CD-compatible version of the mix--it has four fewer tracks than the Spotify playlist.
No cover art this year, as it was a lot of work, hardly anyone gave a shit, and if I was going to the Spotify version of these things, fuck it.
Previous years' mixes still out there. I particularly recommend the 2009 vintage.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2372 on: May 15, 2014, 04:46:31 am »

Damn, totally forgot that Paul posted that video!

Ha ha, me too. I was like, that bike shop looks familiar, Inev must have posted this before. Dang, I must be getting old.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2373 on: May 15, 2014, 04:47:26 am »

Realized I never put this up on the FTP site for Paul and anyone else who wanted it. I have remedied this.

'bout got dang time!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2374 on: May 15, 2014, 11:59:18 pm »

Neil Young in a Record Booth on The Tonight Show

One of the coolest things I've seen in awhile.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2375 on: May 16, 2014, 12:03:45 am »

To download:
ftp.bigfool.com
user ID:  bigfoo_touamb
password:  nicepete

I'm getting an incorrect login error.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2376 on: May 16, 2014, 01:45:54 pm »

I'm getting an incorrect login error.

My host changed the password complexity rules. Sorry about that.

ftp.bigfool.com
user ID:  bigfoo_touamb
password:  3days,3acres,3000men
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2377 on: May 20, 2014, 02:33:14 pm »

Anyone a fan of Bright Eyes? If so, what would you recommend as a starter album?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2378 on: May 20, 2014, 08:58:17 pm »

[also...FY - - - fugazi!]

Ooh didn't realize that was up there. I was AT that show. 1991.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2379 on: May 21, 2014, 01:10:38 am »

Listening now!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2380 on: May 27, 2014, 05:16:26 am »

Are You Receiving?

Killing Joke, where have they been all my life? I've heard of them, think I must have lumped them in with death metal or something. Heard this song as part of a video a friend made and posted on FB today. Damn and hell yeah, this shit rocks just right for me. And hey, bonus, this band has Youth, who has collaborated with Paul McCartney a whole bunch.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2381 on: June 27, 2014, 04:41:33 pm »

That was pretty bad ass.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2382 on: July 02, 2014, 07:06:56 am »

Driving around south St. Louis and listening to this new Parquet Courts song is making me way too sad. My roommate just got his first tattoo and I keep thinking that I should get The Apotheosis of Saint Louis. Don't worry, I am too much of a fraidy-cat for a tattoo. Definitely fits my idea of what a tattoo should be, though.

The album is otherwise pretty awesome. Making a list of places to visit in NJ and NYC and Philly during my month off when I first move in, and watching this video where they walk around some area of NYC, is getting me hyped up. But mostly I am psyching myself to be kind of sad and lonely and make the best of things. Lots of hard work and electronic music in my headphones and walking around in the snow bundled up and hot coffee.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2383 on: July 03, 2014, 04:51:20 am »

That was pretty good song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2384 on: July 12, 2014, 09:09:00 pm »

Hey Ladies!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 190   Go Up