Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379815 times)

0 Members and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2385 on: July 15, 2014, 12:22:52 am »

WOMBLES!

If he ever does this again you need to catch it.

This is all the performance you can hope for from dude because Boingo is done dead.

Oh, I missed this. Thanks. It makes me a bit cross though. If he will do this, why not Boingo? It can't be because the other guys don't want to.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2386 on: July 15, 2014, 02:15:33 am »

Oh, I missed this. Thanks. It makes me a bit cross though. If he will do this, why not Boingo? It can't be because the other guys don't want to.

Does he have stage fright or does he just not want to do an Oiongo Boingo reunion? Maybe he has integrity and doesn't want to be The fuck*ng Eagles.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2387 on: July 15, 2014, 12:58:41 pm »

Another thing to consider. Writing and recording orchestral music for film is a very time consuming process. Perhaps he just doesn't feel he has the time to devote to something of dubious creative and financial merit. Let's face it Oingo Boingo are not the Police. It would not be a stadium tour. They would play mid sized theaters at best.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2388 on: July 15, 2014, 01:07:13 pm »

The reason he has given that there will never be a Boingo reunion is because he has hearing damage. There's at least one close-up in the video where you can see he's wearing something that looks like hearing aids. I always felt like that was a reason you can't argue with but I don't see why it wouldn't be a reason not to do this concert as well.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2389 on: July 15, 2014, 01:29:02 pm »

It's cause he hates those pushy Oingo Boingo fans.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2390 on: July 15, 2014, 01:44:55 pm »

Oh yeah, all that hysterical yelling and screaming from the audience at that concert is clearly making him just miserable.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2391 on: July 23, 2014, 07:36:59 pm »

I realized this post was in the wrong thread and I wouldn't want Inev to miss the chance to hate on it.
Did you ever get an earworm and it actually makes you happy? this is what this is doing to me. The polar bears are nice too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwWm3om-gSw

and this one too, with a nice koi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMdjJ3w9iM
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2392 on: July 24, 2014, 05:36:14 am »

Jimi at Woodstock.

It's basically 2 hours of Jimi Hendrix jamming his ass off. Relentless.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2393 on: July 25, 2014, 07:28:10 pm »

Man, I had a weird night last night. I was listening to the music on the headphones, like you do. I put on a compilation disc "Jukebox Hits of the 70s" and several of the songs hit me really hard and I had emotions. It started with He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother, a song I've heard a million times, of course, and like, but don't recall ever having much impact on me. So that was a bit of a surprise. The next one to effect me was Miracles, which I've always loved. I even bought the 45 when I was 13 years old. It's been a long time since I've listened to it, but still it was a bit of a surprise to be overcome with emotions when it began to play. Finally I Can See Clearly Now overwhelmed me. I actually began to cry. What the Hell!?! I mean, that's a beautiful song, but why?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2394 on: July 25, 2014, 09:03:10 pm »

Who knows?  Emotions are a strange thing.  I got all choked up last night describing my son's swimming lesson to my wife.  Then she got a little misty.  Music is pretty good at evoking them, maybe touching on connections to events we don't consciously remember.  Its definitely cumulative.  One of the dramatic vignettes about an Olympic athlete struck me emotionally a few years ago, then a sappy commercial set me off again once my guard was lowered.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2395 on: July 26, 2014, 06:15:11 am »

Jesus Shooting Heroin. Woah, that's a killer track.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2396 on: July 26, 2014, 07:07:47 am »

Ah yeah, early Lips!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2397 on: July 30, 2014, 12:30:52 am »

I can't really explain why --- maybe it's the tape-warble on the piano, or those chords, man --- but this song hits me right in the tender groin of the heart.

I haven't been doing the weepy music thing for a long time, so maybe that's part of it.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2398 on: July 30, 2014, 12:47:44 am »

Ah yeah, early Lips!

Ah yeah, you turned me on to this music. Maybe 3 years ago you gave me pretty much every early Flaming Lips album. I've listened to some of it, but a lot of it I'm just now getting around to giving a proper listen. Thanks man!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2399 on: July 30, 2014, 12:49:26 am »

Revisiting my Orange County icons.

A new avatar. After all these years?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 190   Go Up