Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 382361 times)

0 Members and 81 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2415 on: August 07, 2014, 09:22:20 am »

I'm loving that fuck*ng book.  On the Mudhoney chapter and read the Beat Happening chapter first (Beat Happening and I just had a thing), so like almost done?  I think?  Thanks again man!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2416 on: August 17, 2014, 05:32:17 am »

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I knew eventually I'd find a type of metal that didn't have the elements that inexplicably turn me off. Holy hell this is awesome.

Yeah, that's right, this is the part of my life where I become less and less cool by the moment. Right now I'm just gonna dork out about real estate finance and heavy metal and d&d and wear my comfortable sneakers.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2417 on: August 17, 2014, 08:06:03 pm »

Don't sweat it. Cool is really not all it's cracked up to be. Science has proved it.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10949892/Cool-kids-less-likely-to-succeed-as-adults-suggests-study.html
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2418 on: August 25, 2014, 08:17:31 pm »

I don't care if she's 21 and therefore "legal." Ariana Grande looks like a little girl playing wildly inappropriate sexy dress-up, and it skeeves me the hell out.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2419 on: August 26, 2014, 04:52:39 am »

I had never heard of Ariana Grande before just now. Yeah, she looks very young.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2420 on: August 26, 2014, 04:57:17 am »

I think she is in a weird age range for me where in pictures she looks cute, but when I meet people that age they seem like babies to me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2421 on: August 28, 2014, 07:39:20 pm »

Hey Cort! Facebook says you like Spoon (the band)!
I have tickets for them at the Lincoln Theater on Wednesday if you want to go.

I saw Band of hosss last night. They were rad, again, if a bit subdued.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2422 on: September 03, 2014, 07:35:21 am »

Ok Computer! Sometimes I forget how great this album is. If you haven't listened to it in awhile, do yourself a favor and give it a spin.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2423 on: September 05, 2014, 05:00:41 am »

Every day so far on the way to school.

I am struggling because the singing is SO CORNY. But that guitar riff rules.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2424 on: September 05, 2014, 10:18:25 pm »

Every day so far on the way to school.

Kick Ass Dude. I didn't know Kyuss was a proto Queens of the Stone Age. Dang!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2425 on: September 12, 2014, 09:20:03 pm »

Nice!  Something for the headphones at work.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2426 on: September 16, 2014, 01:35:26 pm »

Would you like to get a live version of TMBG's first album, for free? Damn right you would.
http://www.theymightbegiants.com/firstalbumlive/
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2427 on: September 17, 2014, 08:24:52 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2428 on: September 17, 2014, 10:02:02 pm »

So into this intro/the bassline and fuzzy keyboard.

It's fall-ish weather and so I am dressing like Weezer and listening to Weezer and feeling like Weezer.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2429 on: September 18, 2014, 05:38:44 pm »

Did you know they have a new album coming out? You can hear a song on this podcast:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2014/08/26/343399364/new-mix-weezer-lucinda-williams-sufjan-stevens-more

The NPR guys make a good point: Weezer probably suffers more from "I used to love this band, but they got popular and now I hate them" than any other band.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 190   Go Up