I've met Paul, and uh, that's it. But do you really need to meet anyone else?
No stalker moments for me ... or maybe there have been?
I'm not going to go through my posts to find the lows, but looking at my first post(s), I realize that I had
this annoying habit of inserting the quote after the body of my post. And I'm sure I've been an asshole on more than several occasions.
As far as how I found the place, I think I was lurking at Dumbrella and joined TOUAMB in November 2003 after lurking a bit here.
I don't remember my first avatar, but I do remember getting chastised by side_show for one. In fact, I think I have the PM still:
Well, miles, you've really done it this time! (kidding)
I'm very happy that you finally got an avatar, and I realize people ribbed you into getting one only recently, and though I do find it humorous, it basically turns the whole board into a not-safe-for-work situation.
I'm fully schooled in the story of Manneken Pis because my mother was adopted and raised by Belgian immigrants, and I have a warm place in my heart for it and even have a mini-statue of him at home, but really, I work at a children's theatre, and while everyone slacks to the point where no one cares if I'm on the board at work, I'm pretty sure someone will say something if they see me going to a site that has an image of a little boy pissing into an adult's mouth. It's just not okay with some people, like the people in Florida mentioned in the Wikipedia entry, who now have mixed feelings about waffles. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manneken_Pis)
You finally got an avatar, and now, in my first duty as a moderator I'm asking you to change it.
Sorry dude.
side_show
As I recall it was an image of Manneken Pis on the outside of a public restroom in Berlin, and see, cleverly, a friend of mine was positioned under it, as if it were pissing into her mouth. Maybe that was the first?
First acheless thread, in which the protagonist demonstrates that he is a complete fucktard. I think that was the first one.
Best moment? I don't know. Probably cruising in this
this bad motherfucker. But I remember that
this exchange was fun. Because, you know, David Bowie. Also, collar-free shirts, and linguistics.