Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell us these things for amusement  (Read 11941 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:06 pm »

I guess I've sort of stalked Onstad, in a way. I sent him a bottle of booze back in Dumbrella days, and then somewhere toward the start of this board I bought him a couple CDs off his Amazon wishlist. Then when I first joined FB I noticed a lot of folks from here were his friend there, so I sent a request, which has remained unfulfilled.

Smick, I was thinking about how I forgot about our meetups - but the thing is, I never think of having met you through here. I just always think "that is a guy I know".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 08:11:21 pm »

Smick, I was thinking about how I forgot about our meetups - but the thing is, I never think of having met you through here. I just always think "that is a guy I know".

when i meet Fake Internet-Friends they officially become official In-Real-Life Friends.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 08:13:13 pm »

"That's Smick. I know him. I know Smick."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 08:17:04 pm »

No doubt with less weed-induced thought bubbles, these days.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 09:23:09 pm »

OHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIT!

Which is to say, I hope so. And, upon looking at my calendar, I see that's five days after I return to work. What sucks is life.

My proposal to attend the training was shot down immediately, so it seems it was not meant to be.  Too bad though - I just learned more about Portland in the past day than I knew in my entire life up until then.  I had to look on a map to find out where it was.  Being Canadian, Oregon is as abstract a concept as what working in a career as a Luchador would be like.  I have only the vaguest of ideas.  It actually sounds like a pretty decent place to visit based on geography though.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 11:43:28 pm »

My proposal to attend the training was shot down immediately, so it seems it was not meant to be.  Too bad though - I just learned more about Portland in the past day than I knew in my entire life up until then.  I had to look on a map to find out where it was.  Being Canadian, Oregon is as abstract a concept as what working in a career as a Luchador would be like.  I have only the vaguest of ideas.  It actually sounds like a pretty decent place to visit based on geography though.

Plus it has smick! Well, and me, but smick!

A buddy I know here who plays music has a side project in which he plays drums, shirtless, with a Luchador mask on. Other people will join him and play various instruments, depending on who/what is available, but there's never anyone else steady in his band. It is probably better in your imagination than in reality, but he's still a good guy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2011, 05:03:53 am »

Smick, I was thinking about how I forgot about our meetups - but the thing is, I never think of having met you through here. I just always think "that is a guy I know".

Oh totally!   I was just being playful.    But thinking about it, we've said like 5 or 6 sentences about Touamb, and Achewood in person.  I think it is largely because the times we've had hang outs, you were kind of vanished from the board.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2011, 01:44:34 pm »

That's a good point.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2011, 05:20:12 am »

Oh man, I've been to a bunch of cities that you people live in over the past few years. I always forget to hit up the board to see if anyone wants to meet up.

Anyone still in Hawaii?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up