Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break  (Read 8302 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 10:05:45 pm »

Pro Tip:  Do NOT drive to mountains west of San Diego.

Ha, yes, but just to the east is one of America's great hidden treasures, Salvation Mountain.  Not cold though.  Intensely hot actually.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 10:49:46 pm »

Murphys, CA.
This is indeed a cool place.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 10:50:20 pm »

Woops - sorry that should have been North East.  Now that I work in a cubicle, I'm constantly distracted and it's lowered the quality of my posts...  God damn it, having to earn a living is shitty.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 12:58:14 am »

Woops - sorry that should have been North East.  Now that I work in a cubicle, I'm constantly distracted and it's lowered the quality of my posts...  God damn it, having to earn a living is shitty.

Don't apologize for a terrific straight line!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 02:49:56 am »

i'll vouch for julian. they got a great apple pie company there. also wood-burning stoves.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 01:06:12 am »

... and all the clams we can eat!





FUCK and YES.  AW is my frickin' hero.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 02:19:49 am »

FUCK and YES.  AW is my frickin' hero.

I am just a humble shoe-shine boy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 07:26:19 am »

True story: I drove to Lompoc, CA once just because of Rocky and Bullwinkle.  It was not as glamorous as I expected.  Julian is great, but it's not far away enough.  Maybe I'll try a long weekend there some other time.  It's certainly a fun day trip.

Decompressing is exactly the word I needed in my original post, I think.  I love the weather here, and would gladly take this climate anywhere else, but I need to not be in a place where work can get me, you know? 

I guess what I'm saying is the dream job needs to not be what I'm dreaming about.  Breaking the routine is good.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 02:06:49 pm »

True story: I drove to Lompoc, CA once just because of Rocky and Bullwinkle. 

Why?  Looking for the Kurwood Derby?  Meeting Gidney and Cloyd?  Visiting the Ruby Yacht of Omar Khayyam?  Meeting up with Hugo and Igo Bumbling?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 04:31:15 pm »

Lompoc sounds like the brand name of a Klingon feminine cleanser.

"LOMPOC! FOR EVEN GREAT WARRIORS NEED CLEAN pu$$yS!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 04:35:34 pm »

Lompoc sounds like the brand name of a Klingon feminine cleanser.

"LOMPOC! FOR EVEN GREAT WARRIORS NEED CLEAN pu$$yS!"

I once had a discussion with a U.S. Green Beret in which he insisted that women should not be allowed on the front lines because hygiene conditions are such that women soldiers would be plagued with yeast infections.

A clean vagina is a strong vagina.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 05:10:01 pm »

HASSAN CHOP!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 05:58:09 pm »

instead of sandiego, im going to utah utah and idaho in june.  drama is a bitch.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 03:37:37 am »

I hope you don't plan on trying to drink in Utah, they make it downright hard.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 10:35:59 pm »

No Private Club requirements anymore! It's a hell of a lot easier to drink in Utah now.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up