Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break  (Read 8298 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2010, 02:24:19 am »

I leave tomorrow.  I still don't know where I'm going.  Right now the plan is "drive vaguely north, stop somewhere interesting."
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2010, 01:54:22 pm »

This is slightly more vague than my travel plans for today:  fly to somewhere vague, depend on people you've only met twice to pick you up at the airport and drive you to a place that doesn't have an address in a state you've never been to before.  Spend a week there, hope the people you vaguely know arrive on time to take you back to the airport. 

I'm thinking vague vacation plans are the way to go - I'm less anxious than I usually am about travel because I basically don't know what to expect.  Likewise I'm likely not going to be disappointed, again because I don't know what to expect.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2010, 10:15:33 pm »

This is slightly more vague than my travel plans for today:  fly to somewhere vague, depend on people you've only met twice to pick you up at the airport and drive you to a place that doesn't have an address in a state you've never been to before.  Spend a week there, hope the people you vaguely know arrive on time to take you back to the airport. 

I'm thinking vague vacation plans are the way to go - I'm less anxious than I usually am about travel because I basically don't know what to expect.  Likewise I'm likely not going to be disappointed, again because I don't know what to expect.

its like buddhism.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 06:33:50 am »

I spent the night in Pismo Beach at a place called Kon-Tiki.  Pismo Beach did have all the clams I would eat, which is none.  I will eat none clams.

Right now I'm in Berkeley for no real reason.  I might stick around.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Where to go in April when you are not on spring break
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 04:13:49 am »

I spent an afternoon in Berkley at the end of February and really enjoyed it. I'd like to go back to the Bay Area and spend some more time there. In fact, the Bay Area just pretty much kicks ass. I was visiting some friends in Reno and it's a beautiful drive from there.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up